Menu

Makeup and skin care questions

MSNative

I could really use some hive mind help.

I rep for a line of naturally based makeup and skin care. I do lots of makeovers and workshops for locals but my out of town customers have asked me to start a you tube channel of different techniques, answers to common questions, etc. I've directed them to some of my favorites but they said they still want me to do one- probably cause I'm a middle aged, regular looking lady with crows feet and acne (how is that fair?) not a 20 something model like all the ladies on my fave blogs. 😄 Im not really comfortable starting one unless I have a lot of ideas for content.

Would yall be willing to help me? What makeup or skin care questions would you like answered? Or what techniques would you like to learn?

Well I'm in my 50's and still don't know how to put on makeup!  And now I want to know what skin creams I should use for the skin type I have.  I don't even really know what skin type I have!  So what cream, and how can I hide my growing wrinkles?  ha   I never liked the makeup look (on me), but I do like makeup that looks very natural.  I just don't quite know how.  Foundation?  I've never even learned how to use it.

So, I'd suggest, since you are somewhere middle-aged too (probably not as middle-aged as me  :)), that you have a specialty "middle-aged makeover" for people like me, who want to look good and healthy but not look fake, and never really learned how to take care of their skin and put on makeup.  I'd attend it!

• Like 2

I want to be able to a flip at the end of my eyeliner. I have actually watched youtube trying to do this, but to no avail. I have wondered if my eyes might be the wrong shape.

I know. The winged eye liner can be so tricky. And you are right, different shaped eyes make a difference. Great question. Thank you!

Well I'm in my 50's and still don't know how to put on makeup! And now I want to know what skin creams I should use for the skin type I have. I don't even really know what skin type I have! So what cream, and how can I hide my growing wrinkles? ha I never liked the makeup look (on me), but I do like makeup that looks very natural. I just don't quite know how. Foundation? I've never even learned how to use it.

So, I'd suggest, since you are somewhere middle-aged too (probably not as middle-aged as me :)), that you have a specialty "middle-aged makeover" for people like me, who want to look good and healthy but not look fake, and never really learned how to take care of their skin and put on makeup. I'd attend it!

I love those ideas! Thank you! I do a lot of five minute makeovers a makeup for people who don't have the time or inclination to do makeup. The middle aged makeover is a brilliant idea!

• Like 1

I am not much for makeup but I am always interested in healthy options for moisturizing. Can you have a section on that?

Yes! Something like natural options, options for different skin types, options for those with acne, options for older skin, etc. Is that what you were thinking?

• Like 1

I watch a few beauty YouTube channels and have a couple of middle aged women I love. Have you ever watched Angie at Hot and Flashy? She's 53, I think. Or Dominique Sachse? She's around 47-48.

Both have great channels and can give you some good ideas on what the middle aged crowd is looking for. :)

I hadn't seen those but I am so excited. I used to watch Dominique Sachse when I lived in Texas. I had no idea she had a blog!! So fun!

CAMom, sucked me into watching those Youtube video's, LOL.

I would love to watch video's showcasing more natural base products. MSNative, let us know if you start taping!

Aww. Thank you! And, um, I'm much more regular looking. Don't expect any Dominque Sachse level gorgeous. ;).

I have dark circles under my eyes - I'd love to see how to hide that with concealer and not look like I'm wearing concealer.

I really liked the lipstick on cheeks and eyes suggestion in a recent thread here - I tried it and it really helped my lipstick look like it "works" on my skin. Just a simple trick - more little things like that would be great!

I think a "regular mom" makeup video series is a great idea!

Even simple things like the best way to remove makeup...

• Like 2

Show me what to do with an eyeshadow palette. Which shades go well on what parts of the eye? I completely lack the instinct to make beautiful eyes and usually just randomly put stuff on, trying to imitate what I've seen.

You aren't alone. This is one of the questions I get asked most!!

I have dark circles under my eyes - I'd love to see how to hide that with concealer and not look like I'm wearing concealer.

I really liked the lipstick on cheeks and eyes suggestion in a recent thread here - I tried it and it really helped my lipstick look like it "works" on my skin. Just a simple trick - more little things like that would be great!

I think a "regular mom" makeup video series is a great idea!

Even simple things like the best way to remove makeup...

I have ridiculous dark circles too. Def my number one beauty challenge.

Simple tricks! Love that. Regular mom - absolutely! Love your ideas. Thank you.

I am pushing 50 and my eyebrows left town. I have been using gel/powder to put them on, but I cannot do them evenly or get a good shape. Please advise. :laugh:

Right? What the heck? I had no idea that eyebrows were yet another fun part of aging. And how is it far to have to wax/pluck AND fill in eyebrows!

I would like to see a video on how camouflage dark undereye circles without having to cake makeup on my whole face (is it even possible?). There must be ways to apply makeup that will keep my kids from telling me, "Wow, you look tired today" every single day, right?

I'd also like tips on how to pick the right color blush and lipstick for different skin tones and effects (natural, professional, night out, etc.).

• Like 1

I would like to see a video on how camouflage dark undereye circles without having to cake makeup on my whole face (is it even possible?). There must be ways to apply makeup that will keep my kids from telling me, "Wow, you look tired today" every single day, right?

I'd also like tips on how to pick the right color blush and lipstick for different skin tones and effects (natural, professional, night out, etc.).

😂 don't you love that comment? Great suggestions. Thank you!