Menu

What are you asking for for Christmas?

Tina

I gave myself the present of an upgrade to iPhone 6s which should be arriving tomorrow.

I told hubby I wanted a new microwave for Christmas. Too sensible for him. Pointed him to my Amazon wish list full of books. Can count of getting a few from the list and some surprises. He loves buying me chunky books, the longer the better.

My birthday is within a month of Christmas, so this year I'm getting nothing for Christmas, but for my birthday (or after we all get our tax refunds, anyway, because I do everybody's taxes and am positioned to make sure it's all done by mid-February) everybody in my family is chipping in to get me a new laptop. I informed them all of this plan back in October :P

It's a big buy-in, even if I get refurbished, so I don't expect I'll get anything else except maybe from the children. I may snag some of that refund money to repair the piano, though....

I am being a bit greedy this year although my birthday is less than a month after. We usually do not do gifts for each other.

I am getting a love41 wallet. I am hoping to get a love41 purse.

Dh purchased me a Coach wallet and purse about 8 years ago.

A bottle of Chanel Mademoiselle. I am out and have not had a bottle in 2 years, three months.

A bottle of L'Occitane's almond oil shower gel. I am out.

Maybe a pair of earrings or two.

A good book or two.

I already received a pair of slippers and boots. :)

Dh and I don't do gifts for one another - we usually just eat get a few hundred dollars from his Christmas bonus to buy ourself stuff, and I promptly spend it on the grandkids. I did get him a Yeti coozie though to keep his beer extra cold! ;-p

I think one of my dds is getting me a ceramic lined cast iron Dutch oven, but I have no clue about the other kiddos.

I asked dh for a new laptop, because the busted a was driving me nuts.  He even gave it to me early.

I asked for a new clothes horse which I think my MIL is getting me.

I would also like a new, small sized crock-pot with a timer, so I can do breakfast things in it.  I have a medium and large size,but both are too big for things like oatmeal unless you are feeding a horse.

I asked dh for a new laptop, because the busted a was driving me nuts. He even gave it to me early.

I asked for a new clothes horse which I think my MIL is getting me.

I would also like a new, small sized crock-pot with a timer, so I can do breakfast things in it. I have a medium and large size,but both are too big for things like oatmeal unless you are feeding a horse.

If your larger one has a timer, you can sit a smaller, round casserole (Pyrex, Corningware, whatever) in the bottom and cook your oatmeal in the dish. Pour water around it to cook more evenly. It's easier to wash the small dish too. :) in case you don't get the smaller one or want oatmeal before Christmas. ;)

• Like 4

If your larger one has a timer, you can sit a smaller, round casserole (Pyrex, Corningware, whatever) in the bottom and cook your oatmeal in the dish. Pour water around it to cook more evenly. It's easier to wash the small dish too. :) in case you don't get the smaller one or want oatmeal before Christmas. ;)

THat is completely brilliant.

I would like a pearl necklace, a little hand vac, and a gift card for Amazon. I'm guessing that, like most years, I'll get a wad of cash and a "have fun shopping." :p Dh is the world's worst shopper. He can't even drive through a parking lot without hyperventilating. We both enjoy the holidays much more if I don't force him out into the crowds and just buy my own gifts.

I shop on Amazon and put my items on the wish list. DH "shops" from there - aka: buys whatever fits into amount set aside for my gifts. lol 

I started this the 2nd year we were married and it's pretty much awesome for us. 

• Like 2

Nothing. Very tight budget here, paying off bills from Dh's brain surgery this past year and saving to replace his 18 yo car. Dh will help the kids pick out a couple of very inexpensive gifts for me and I have done the same for him. He is getting a new fleece and smartphone gloves. I will probably get socks and a book.

Ha. Yesterday I mentioned to my husband, "My amazon password is xxxx, in case you'd like to look at my wish list."

What he said - "Great, so I can just put what I want on it?"

Seriously, I don't expect anything. My kids are thoughtful and will give me well thought out things, not expensive but meaningful. DH will grasp at straws and I end up with a half dozen little random things from him, even though we have this agreement to not exchange gifts if we have any outstanding debt (which we do, this year).

• Like 1

I'd be happy not getting anything because I really can't think of a thing. However, dh and ds want to get me something that's not a gift card, so I asked for:

-a new comfy bathrobe

-a sweater-jacket (which will serve as a new "winter coat" in my neck of the woods)

-something sort of bin for organizing my yarn

• Like 1