Menu

Ideas for 10yo girl

lewber

Looking for fun gift for my niece I don't see too often to know what she really likes. I know she loves to watch TV and movies on her ipad :huh: She likes funny, fast quick games, crafts. I don't know what she is reading, but I do know she likes to read the right book. So far I got her the Guinness Book of World Records - I think she'll like to pick that up. Any fun crafts or games out there for this age I don't know about?

My daughter loved an Indian bead loom that she got at that age (which she still uses now that she's graduated from college.)  One such as this with a gift certificate to a local bead store or craft store would make a wonderful gift. 

Beadsmith Bead Loom Kit for Beginners, Includes Weave, Necklaces, Bracelets and More

How about a set of quality art pencils?  My daughter's favorites (received in 6th grade and still used) are: 

LYRA Waldorf Selection Unlacquered Triangular Giant Colored Pencils, Set of 12 Super Ferby

Might she like a juggling set?

Regards,

Kareni

Both would work. She plays by herself but has opportunities to play with family, adults and sister 16 who is very theatrical.

I posted some ideas in this recent thread:

Solitary/one player games

for two players only:   

Gigamic Quarto Classic Game

or the mini-size version:

Gigamic Quarto Mini Game (Travel Version)

Set (fun for one, two, or more)

Bananagrams  (Also Bananagrams has versions available for different language such as Spanish, French, Hebrew ...)  Can be played solo or with up to six.

Another enjoyable word game is  Quiddler

Another fun game is Fluxx 5.0 Card Game in which the rules constantly change.  There are variations such as 

Monty Python Fluxx

Zombie Fluxx

Pirate Fluxx

Five Crowns was a big hit here.

My daughter and her friends also loved the cooperative game Save the Whales for many years starting at about age 8 and up.

Regards,

Kareni