Menu

What's with the ads?

ereks mom

Artistic Bible Journaling -- Anyone here do this?

I'm talking about illustrating verses and concepts right on the page of a wide margin Bible. I first heard about this on Time-Warp Wife's blog awhile back, and now I want to try it. I'm asking my family for a journaling Bible for Christmas. Can you recommend one?

• Like 1

I'm talking about illustrating verses and concepts right on the page of a wide margin Bible. I first heard about this on Time-Warp Wife's blog awhile back, and now I want to try it. I'm asking my family for a journaling Bible for Christmas. Can you recommend one?

Her illustrations are amazing. I wish I had her talent! 

You would definitely want a journaling Bible if you were to do that. 

Oh, and I just ran across this website. It might give you some ideas where to start. 

Illustrated Faith 

• Like 1

I saw a journaling bible in the Lifeway ad last week. First I've heard of it! I wonder if it's related to the new adult coloring book craze--people are getting in touch with their Inner Doodler! lol

Not to poke fun--I'm sure it's inspiring or helpful to those who are artistic. :001_smile:

• Like 2

Her illustrations are amazing. I wish I had her talent! 

You would definitely want a journaling Bible if you were to do that. 

Oh, and I just ran across this website. It might give you some ideas where to start. 

Illustrated Faith

The only problem with the journaling Bibles (including the one linked) is that they have ruled lines in the extra space.  If I was trying to be artistic, that would drive me BONKERS.  I wish I could find one with just white space....although with my luck it would be a non-preferred version.

For now, I'm making do writing and drawing lines all over my small, pocket size version.

• Like 2

This appeals to me because when I read anything I like to circle stuff and underline and add my own interjections.

However, I know me. I'm pretty sure I'd feel inadequate with my non-blog-worthy scrawl.

Dh once printed out some poems for me so that I'd have room to respond.

• Like 1

Yep, I've begun doing it and I LOVE it

I can't recommend a bible though. All the wide margin ones had tiny print, and I'm visually impaired, so I ended up resorting to having the local office store print a PDF I created of a custom wide-margin large print bible. I even got it printed landscape, and single-sided so I have blank notebooking pages alongside it the whole way through. I love it, it's awesome, but slightly impractical for fully sighted people since it comes in at 9 volumes, rotfl. 

another great site to check out is http://www.rebekahrjones.com/bible-art-journaling-challenge/

• Like 3

I hadn't heard of this before but it sounds like a concept that would appeal to my artistic dd. Her textbooks are all covered in drawings. This would be a good way to focus that creativity.

• Like 1

If I were to do this, I would buy an artist sketching journal, and in beautiful handwriting, note the applicable verses and then do the art.

I'm kind of ... oh never mind.

Why it at least have decent media to work with?

• Like 3