Menu

Christmas - what are you getting your Doctor Who, Marvel, chess, Minecraft, etc loving teenagers?

AimeeM

dudeling is into minecraft.  1ds gave him computer parts for christmas last year - and built a computer just for him. (1ds made a point of reminding me he *built* computers -took parts from multiple computers and reassembled them into one - by himself.  when he was nine . . . . ) - and set up a minecraft server.  (1ds has power over it all.)  we all keep track of who he invites (and made sure his friends can't add anyone.)

this year - he wants an xbox one that will reside at our house.  so he can have lan parties with his friends . . . .  it told him that is also his main birthday present.

I found Minecraft flannel at JoAnne's! I don't think it was *licensed* Minecraft fabric, but it was made up of tiny, variegated brown and green squares and definitely meant to evoke that Minecraft pixelated look.  So DS is getting pajama pants and a pillow case.

Think Geek had a whole line of Minecraft-related gifts last year.  

Edited by Forget-me-not

DS13 has this throw and it is very plush!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f30b/

I bought this for my son last year, and he loves it.  I actually ended up with three of them because ThinkGeek sent me two.  When I emailed to ask what they wanted to do, they never responded but sent me a third one.  Afraid to complain again, lest they send me a fourth, I sold the two extras and put the proceeds in the benevolence offering at our church.  Anyway, the point of this was actually to say that, last year, they sold out of the blanket closer to Christmas--no wonder, if they sent everyone three times as many as they ordered, but if you want one, order soon.

• Like 1

We try not to buy too much "stuff" to clutter up rooms (one DD has MORE than enough, the other is actively decluttering), but every Christmas I buy them at least one fun t-shirt and/or poster based on the current year's obsession. This year, Dr. Who-loving youngest DD is getting this tee, and Studio Ghibli-obsessed oldest DD is getting this one. I have so much fun looking for them, and I love supporting the artists! There are a bunch of great sites for this--TeePublic, which I linked, as well as RedBubble and Etsy. 

• Like 1

We have the plush ThinkGeek Dr. Who throw too. Very nice and washes well.

There's a Dr. Who adult coloring book coming out, but not until early next year in the US. Not sure if it would arrive in time from the UK. (Adult as in detailed, not naughty!)

Fun socks--Hot Topic and Amazon

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!! Shriek

I currently have a Dr Who Weeping Angel Tree Topper in a 'shopping cart'   AND  a "Team Bucky" t-shirt and "This looks bad" t-shirt and an "with you till the end of the line' and  more .  

help!   arrrrghh   :)

He-heh, that sounds about right.

But. I think you need some jewelry to go with the tees, amiright?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/191493828/captain-america-shield-and-winter

or https://www.etsy.com/listing/249001372/bucky-barnes-winter-soldier-marvel-dog?ref=related-0

:laugh:  :lol:

• Like 1

One of the things I really want (and am not getting this year, boo) is a charm bracelet or necklace with charms from all of my fandoms on it. ThinkGeek has many of the major ones, but I'll have to track down some for my more obscure obsessions, I mean, interests. You could start with the main piece and a charm and add to it over the years.

• Like 3

One of the things I really want (and am not getting this year, boo) is a charm bracelet or necklace with charms from all of my fandoms on it. ThinkGeek has many of the major ones, but I'll have to track down some for my more obscure obsessions, I mean, interests. You could start with the main piece and a charm and add to it over the years.

Etsy has some great charm bracelent makers.  I got my daugher a SuperWhoLock charm bracelet!  She loved it!

• Like 1