Menu

MIL just asked my husband

ThisIsTheDay

MIL lives on the other side of the country.  Dh was talking to her on the phone, and she asked, "How is ThisIsTheDay acting?"

:huh:

:glare:

Dh didn't know whether he should reply that I was acting "good" or "bad."  It seemed like a no-win question.

I didn't realize I acted.

She wonders why I don't call her as much anymore, and it's because of things like this.

My husband would have said "Not good. She needs a spanking." I'm sorry she's crappy. Mine's crappy too. We don't talk and he usually talks to her from outside because she... well, you know already. Anyway, hugs.

Hahaha! Mine too! He loves to tell people who ask about me when I miss church that I'm too busy sacrificing chickens and wardng objects to attend ;)

Edited by Arctic Mama

Then make a point to ask FIL, "How is MIL acting?" And see if it gets back to her. ;)

Well, he passed 16 years ago, so if he knew and could answer, we wouldn't hear him.  Hopefully, anyway!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Sorry, I am finding this funny though!!!!!!)

She's been trying to find out why I drove dh on errands a few weeks ago.  Um, because he needed to go, so I offered as a nice gesture; we do stuff like that.

After that, she called me and left a message, trying to find what's up.  But she hasn't intentionally spoken to me in a few years, and when I realized she was just calling to get information, I didn't call her back.  So now she's even more suspicious. 

• Like 2

Well, he passed 16 years ago, so if he knew and could answer, we wouldn't hear him.  Hopefully, anyway!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Sorry, I am finding this funny though!!!!!!)

She's been trying to find out why I drove dh on errands a few weeks ago.  Um, because he needed to go, so I offered as a nice gesture; we do stuff like that.

After that, she called me and left a message, trying to find what's up.  But she hasn't intentionally spoken to me in a few years, and when I realized she was just calling to get information, I didn't call her back.  So now she's even more suspicious. 

Wait, like she thinks your dh broke his legs but isn't telling her? Or lost his license or is blind? 

What an interesting person she sounds like...

Edited by Janie Grace
  • Like 5

It is just the kind of strange comment I would expect form a MIL.

After we told MIL when we were expecting ds12 she asked me if we practiced safe sex :huh: . I was taken completely by surprise, and didn't have time for a witty comeback so I just mumbled that  we are married. but I don't think that was what she was meaning.

• Like 2

After we told MIL when we were expecting ds12 she asked me if we practiced safe sex :huh: . I was taken completely by surprise, and didn't have time for a witty comeback so I just mumbled that  we are married. but I don't think that was what she was meaning.

:lol: :lol: 

That you practiced dangerous sex?  :confused1:

:lol: :lol: 

• Like 4

After we told MIL when we were expecting ds12 she asked me if we practiced safe sex :huh: . I was taken completely by surprise, and didn't have time for a witty comeback so I just mumbled that we are married. but I don't think that was what she was meaning.

Well yeah, SMIL. Practice makes perfect. We practice alllll the time!!!

• Like 7

He has somewhat serious health issues, but his driving has never been affected.  :driving:

Ah.  I am sorry about the health issues; I guess that makes a little more sense now, maybe.  Well, no, I guess not really.

My MIL just expects that if she and I talk, I'm going to relate the whole conversation to my husband, and vice versa.  So, she'll mention something about another family member to me, and I won't know what she's talking about, so she'll get annoyed that my husband didn't tell me.  Stuff like, his cousin's son didn't get into College A and has to settle for College B.  That is a real thing, not just a hypothetical example. 

Yeah, she's not nothing else to talk about.

Hahaha! Mine too! He loves to tell people who ask about me when I miss church that I'm too busy sacrificing chickens and wardng objects to attend ;)

Sidebar hijack: I *hate* it when people at church ask where DH is f he is not there! It doesn't happen at my current church, but there was a different church where one person used to say this. And no, it wasn't in a friendly, "what interesting things is DH doing today?" It was clearly meant as a shaming for anything being above church. One time I was so fed up with it, I said, "He's in prison."

• Like 12

Sidebar hijack: I *hate* it when people at church ask where DH is f he is not there! It doesn't happen at my current church, but there was a different church where one person used to say this. And no, it wasn't in a friendly, "what interesting things is DH doing today?" It was clearly meant as a shaming for anything being above church. One time I was so fed up with it, I said, "He's in prison."

Ha!! 

Old pastor:  Where is your dh today?

Me: Um, he's not feeling well.

Old pastor: Okay, let's pray for him right now.

Crap.  I never lied again.  Dh just felt like sleeping in that day.

:lol:

• Like 4

Ha!! 

Old pastor:  Where is your dh today?

Me: Um, he's not feeling well.

Old pastor: Okay, let's pray for him right now.

Crap.  I never lied again.  Dh just felt like sleeping in that day.

:lol:

One Sunday, when I was bored with the service, I lied and told my mother I wasn't feeling well.  She let me go to another part of the building.  When the service was over, she asked if I was feeling better.  I told her that I was.  She said that she was pretty sure that I must be feeling better, because after I walked out, she stood up and STOPPED THE SERVICE so that everyone could pray for me. :svengo:

I never tried that again.  :lol:  

When dh and I were planning to marry, I apologized ahead of time for the MIL he was getting.  Truthfully, she isn't that bad, after reading the stories of this forum.  But that day...

• Like 4