Menu

What's with the ads?

Moxie

Little things that are making my life better

I love the Google app called Keep. I can keep shopping lists, packing lists, daily schedule, long-term things to remeber, recipes, etc. organized on my phone.

I can also add DH to make a shared list that we can both see & edit. I can ask him to pick stuff up at the store and update the list in realtime and he has check boxes to make sure he gets it all. We also have a "honey do" list. I've made a list of all my plans for Dec. so DH can jeep track. We keep a list of which Lego Dimensions packs we own & want so we don't accidentally duplicate. It is so handy!

Edited by AndyJoy
  • Like 2

I love the Google app called Keep. I can keep shopping lists, packing lists, daily schedule, long-term things to remeber, recipes, etc. organized on my phone.

I can also add DH to make a shared list that we can both see & edit. I can ask him to pick stuff up at the store and update the list in realtime and he has check boxes to make sure he gets it all. We also have a "honey do" list. I've made a list of all my plans for Dec. so DH can jeep track. We keep a list of which Lego Dimensions packs we own & want so we don't accidentally duplicate. It is so handy!

This sounds handy. Do you have this on androids? Asking because dh has a phone from work and I will get some type of android soon. Would be cool if we could sync it since dh does a lot of the grocery shopping.

I keep a $20 in each car for emergencies, but also one on the fridge for the older kids to use.  There are many times that one of them needs money and I am not home.  They know they can take it without asking. They just text me to let me know to replace it.  It has been as easy system for us to use and saves a lot of hassle. 

I don't buy assorted styles of socks for the kids.  I buy 3 six packs, all one style, at a time.  If they are outgrown, or get down to a weeks worth (due to lost/destroyed socks), I throw the rest away and buy new ones.   I Hate matching 20 different styles of socks, so I don't.  The loose socks go into a drawer and they just grab a couple of socks.  Since they are all the same, they always match! LOL  The rare exception is maybe a colored detail.  But even then, there are usually 6 of that color (a pair in each 6 pack), so it isn't hard to find one of the same color.   When my kids were little, I used to keep a few pair of socks in the shoe cupboard.  That way when I was in a hurry, I didn't have to go track down socks before we headed out the door. To add to that idea... My neighbor with 3 daughters, put a plastic 3 drawer container in her shoe closet. All socks went in the shoe cupboard The socks were sorted by little kid, big kid, adult and were shared by everyone. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 5

I have a tiny bag packed at all times with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, pads, tampons, comb, lotion, and a pair of fresh undies. It also has advil and a few other very basic meds in it. Anytime we have to make a quick trip somewhere, a run to ER (5 trips in the last 6 months), etc I can just grab that and have the basic necessities at hand.

I could add a phone charger, some change and a $5 bill toake it really complete.

Edited by Ottakee
  • Like 5

I always gently unpackage the kids gifts, remove the difficult packaging, and put batteries in everything. No unpleasant "I can't open it", "I think I cut my finger off", or "We don't have that size battery" problems.

In 20 years, Slache's kids will be on the Internet "Do you guys remember when toys came with batteries?!? The good ole days!!"

• Like 24

I've enjoyed reading this thread, but the fact that keeping cash on hand is such a novel idea is cracking me up.  I almost always have $100-$200 in my purse, and I have another, more substantial amount hidden in my house.  I know I'm frequently the only one in my circle who carries cash, since people regularly write me checks for $5--seriously, people--$5???  My parents always had serious cash stashed at home, back before ATMs, and when not everyone took credit cards, so I guess I learned it from them.  It's one of those full-circle moments, I suppose.

To actually contribute to the thread, though, the little things currently making life better are:

1.  Tape and scissors in every room.

2.  Adopting my grandmother's gift-giving scheme in which everyone in the same generation and of the same gender gets the same thing, or a version of the same thing.  My husband's extended family all got fresh wreaths; my extended family are all getting Shakti mats, monogrammed Auburn casserole carriers and cinnamon rolls (guess which side we like better?); and the three teen girls I buy for are all getting the same monogrammed sweatshirt.  Thank you, etsy.

3.  Stitch Fix.  My second box is due tomorrow.  I'm wearing items from Box 1 right now.  

• Like 2

I've enjoyed reading this thread, but the fact that keeping cash on hand is such a novel idea is cracking me up.  I almost always have $100-$200 in my purse, and I have another, more substantial amount hidden in my house.  I know I'm frequently the only one in my circle who carries cash, since people regularly write me checks for $5--seriously, people--$5???  My parents always had serious cash stashed at home, back before ATMs, and when not everyone took credit cards, so I guess I learned it from them.  It's one of those full-circle moments, I suppose.

I *hate* dealing with checks of any amount, but I finally ordered some to use for co-op and other kid activities.  Even with an initialing system, I've had quite a few "I didn't get your payment" incidents.  One of the most recent involved a $5 check that I could pull up on my phone to show it had been cashed.

• Like 1

1. Large kitchen trashcans in almost every room.  Most of us have allergies and I was sick of forever changing trash bags or picking up dirty wadded up tissues piled up outside of trashcans.  Now I only have to change them out once or twice a week, and it seems far less germy.

Cascade Complete powdered dishwasher detergent.  It can be hard to find - my normal store is usually sold out so when I find it I buy 3 boxes- but SO worth it.  You can pile dried-out dirty dishes in the washer without pre-scrubbing and it still gets them clean. I'm sure I don't want to know what sort of nasty chemicals are in it, but it is awesome. I can't think of a single dish I had to scrub after getting it out of the dishwasher since we switched to it. Even when I'm not the one loading the dishwasher

Microsoft One Note.  Free (at least on iOS), it syncs everywhere.  I have it on my laptop, desktop, and phone.  I keep EVERYTHING on it.  It's amazing.  I use it for notes, lists, and everything that used to go in google docs, Pinterest, Evernote, dayplanners, and notebooks and I can access it anywhere.

Target's dish scrubbing brushes.  I don't know why they are so much better and tougher than the scrub brushes sold at other stores, but they work better and last longer.  I don't live near a Target, so when we go into one I buy several to keep on hand.  No more nasty sponges, and you can scrub in hotter water because your fingers are 12" away from the plate.

Edited by Katy
  • Like 1

I have a tiny bag packed at all times with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, pads, tampons, comb, lotion, and a pair of fresh undies. It also has advil and a few other very basic meds in it. Anytime we have to make a quick trip somewhere, a run to ER (5 trips in the last 6 months), etc I can just grab that and have the basic necessities at hand.

I could add a phone charger, some change and a $5 bill toake it really complete.

This is brilliant! I'm going to do this, and put it in my van. Thank you!

2.  Adopting my grandmother's gift-giving scheme in which everyone in the same generation and of the same gender gets the same thing, or a version of the same thing.  My husband's extended family all got fresh wreaths; my extended family are all getting Shakti mats, monogrammed Auburn casserole carriers and cinnamon rolls (guess which side we like better?); and the three teen girls I buy for are all getting the same monogrammed sweatshirt.  Thank you, etsy.

I need to get back to this. I did this a few times and it was SO nice. Books one year, framed photos one year, etc. 

• Like 1

image.jpeg

This bell is making my life so much easier. No more screeching for kids to come downstairs - it makes us look a bit crazy, like the kids who come running at the sound of a whistle in The Sound of Music, but I don't have them line up in height order, so we aren't THAT crazy ... Yet.

• Like 21

I don't buy assorted styles of socks for the kids.  I buy 3 six packs, all one style, at a time.  If they are outgrown, or get down to a weeks worth (due to lost/destroyed socks), I throw the rest away and buy new ones.   I Hate matching 20 different styles of socks, so I don't.  The loose socks go into a drawer and they just grab a couple of socks.  Since they are all the same, they always match! LOL  The rare exception is maybe a colored detail.  But even then, there are usually 6 of that color (a pair in each 6 pack), so it isn't hard to find one of the same color.   When my kids were little, I used to keep a few pair of socks in the shoe cupboard.  That way when I was in a hurry, I didn't have to go track down socks before we headed out the door. To add to that idea... My neighbor with 3 daughters, put a plastic 3 drawer container in her shoe closet. All socks went in the shoe cupboard The socks were sorted by little kid, big kid, adult and were shared by everyone. 

We do community socks too.  Used to keep them by the shoes in the living room closet.  I now keep our sock basket right by the dryer.  I just toss socks in as they are washed.  Except... now we have a toddler with toddler socks. I have to do some sorting.  And, now that my big kids are doing their own laundry, they are hanging on to their own socks.  If I wash them, they go in the basket.

For my toddler, I pick up extra shoes when I can find them for $1 or $2.  Toddlers toddle off to play at shoe putting-on and taking-off.  We always have an extra pair when we can't find her "real" shoes.  Extra mittens.  Extra hat.  

For our door locks to the house we have push button dead bolts. Very handy as we never have to worry about a key. The kids know the code and if needed we could change it for a day for a repairman or someone else and then switch it back.

• Like 4

This sounds handy. Do you have this on androids? Asking because dh has a phone from work and I will get some type of android soon. Would be cool if we could sync it since dh does a lot of the grocery shopping.

Yes, on our Android phones :).

• Like 1

1. Large kitchen trashcans in almost every room.  Most of us have allergies and I was sick of forever changing trash bags or picking up dirty wadded up tissues piled up outside of trashcans.  Now I only have to change them out once or twice a week, and it seems far less germy.
  2. Cascade Complete powdered dishwasher detergent.  It can be hard to find - my normal store is usually sold out so when I find it I buy 3 boxes- but SO worth it.  You can pile dried-out dirty dishes in the washer without pre-scrubbing and it still gets them clean. I'm sure I don't want to know what sort of nasty chemicals are in it, but it is awesome. I can't think of a single dish I had to scrub after getting it out of the dishwasher since we switched to it. Even when I'm not the one loading the dishwasher
  3. Microsoft One Note.  Free (at least on iOS), it syncs everywhere.  I have it on my laptop, desktop, and phone.  I keep EVERYTHING on it.  It's amazing.  I use it for notes, lists, and everything that used to go in google docs, Pinterest, Evernote, dayplanners, and notebooks and I can access it anywhere.
  4. Target's dish scrubbing brushes.  I don't know why they are so much better and tougher than the scrub brushes sold at other stores, but they work better and last longer.  I don't live near a Target, so when we go into one I buy several to keep on hand.  No more nasty sponges, and you can scrub in hotter water because your fingers are 12" away from the plate.

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I had to search for it to say that the Cascade Complete dry dishwasher stuff is amazing.  I bought some, and suddenly all the stained plastic things are clear again.  Woohoo! 

I was about to give some stained Corelle saucers to Goodwill.  I have very high hopes for them now! 

Thanks for the tip, Katy!

• Like 3

I know it isn't really a 'little thing' but for me it is my smart phone. I don't know how I would live without my iphone.  I have an app from my local grocery store and it makes a list that is organized by aisle, I can also mail it to DH so he can go shopping.  I have Google Keep, but I don't find it any better than the list function that is already on the phone. It is sync'd with dh's phone as well. We have one for trips to Target and another one for the food co-op etc, so if one goes the list can be checked. I also use it for menu planning. I put my menu into my phone calendar and I include what cookbook I need etc in the alert. I can also set an alert when I am planning to soak beans for upcoming meals etc.

I can check my email on my phone so if any of the activities we are involved in need attention I can do it right away. Our city has these new fangled parking meters and I can put money in them using my phone (for a small fee, which is less than a parking ticket, lol)  so no need for spare change panics. I can use it to track my food intake and it also has a built in step tracker. 

I am also a huge fan of the GPS, lol. I use it more often than I would like to admit. 

I keep track of my reading, of my knitting..I have notes on there with my kids sizes for everything and what clothing items they need, I keep lists of what I gave to whom for what birthday or holiday, I keep track of bills on my phone, I have big lists of homeschool ideas and plans I can fiddle with when I am hanging out during a piano lesson....

So, it's not an inexpensive thing, but it makes so much of my life easier that I don't know how I would manage without it. 

• Like 1

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I had to search for it to say that the Cascade Complete dry dishwasher stuff is amazing.  I bought some, and suddenly all the stained plastic things are clear again.  Woohoo! 

I got this yesterday and used it last night. The DW (Edited, b/c I hit submit too soon!) was mostly full, so only a few dishes went in w/o being thoroughly rinsed. I ran it when I went to bed last night. This morning? All of the dishes were clean. :D

I have that caddy thing in my Amazon cart right now to use under our Keurig. I looked for it in a couple of stores last week but didn't find it. We got dd a Keurig for Christmas. If I like this caddy thing as much as I think I will, I'll get her one too. 

Edited by Angie in VA
  • Like 3

We had the opposite problem with socks. They all looked alike (white/gray) so when you were sorting laundry it was such a tease. "Ohh I know I have a pair in here somewhere... oh wait, another gigantic sock that belongs to dh. Oh, a tiny sock that belongs to ds." I found a pack of basic crew socks that have colored toes/heels. They are very obviously mine (they came with pink, blue, and purple).

I was supposed to do the cards on the ring idea as mentioned on page one of this thread, but for Christmas I was given a little card organizer so I'm trying that out for now.

I currently have stamps, tape and scissors in the car. It was supposed to be temporary but I might just keep doing this. The scissors were meant for last minute coupon clipping, but I found myself needing them to take tags off new items I needed to use right away. The other day I got to the post office and realized I forgot to tape the envelope shut. They have the pre-stick flap, but it feels like it doesn't hold well (old). I was happy to have the tape handy. I also put the stamp on in the car.

• Like 2

I was supposed to do the cards on the ring idea as mentioned on page one of this thread, but for Christmas I was given a little card organizer so I'm trying that out for now.

I currently have stamps, tape and scissors in the car. It was supposed to be temporary but I might just keep doing this. The scissors were meant for last minute coupon clipping, but I found myself needing them to take tags off new items I needed to use right away. The other day I got to the post office and realized I forgot to tape the envelope shut. They have the pre-stick flap, but it feels like it doesn't hold well (old). I was happy to have the tape handy. I also put the stamp on in the car.

Um, did you realize it's the law in this land to link nifty ideas when you post about them? Some people here totally geek out on such things like to see what's out there. 

I keep a small pair of scissors and one roll of Scotch tape in my car at all times. They get used a lot.

• Like 4

I know you all know, but I love the shoe caddies that you hang over a door. We even took one on our last cruise and kept tech devices, books, jewelry, undies etc. in the pockets. It was awesome.

We have a two story house and keeping sponges, cleaning supplies in every bathroom rocks. Also having a stash of trash bags in each bathroom helps too.

Alley

• Like 4

Tile - my husband put one of these in my stocking! I have it on my key ring and it is linked to my phone and computer. I rarely take my keys out of my purse (I have a push button car ignition), so they are easy to find when needed. My phone is another story, though. I often put it down and wander away from it. With the Tile, I can go to my keys, press the Tile and by phone makes a noise until I find it. It's awesome! It's a GPS tracker, so if you leave your keys somewhere, it can tell you where it "last saw them." 

• Like 5

Its a great thing to have a vet who makes house calls and lives almost next door.

Our vet's business is mobile, so she only makes house calls and has no office visits. On top of that she's my neighbor, so she always fits us in by the end of her day. We needed her Friday, due a terrible rash and aggressive scratching. Our dog is so much happier today -- a couple days worth of treatments is showing.

(We always call her answering service number and leave a message asking for an appointment. We do not knock on her door and expect her to come immediately)

• Like 1

Keep a pack of wet wipes in the car.

A grocery cooler bag at all times in the car.

An over the door cloth shoe organizer in the laundry room so the kids can keep gloves, hats and shoes in there out of the way and not lost.

http://www.containerstore.com/s/closet/shoe-storage/hanging-shoe-storage/20-pocket-eco-fabric-overdoor-shoe-bag/123d?productId=10031832

This on the inside of the bathroom linen closet to store all kinds of products etc...

http://www.containerstore.com/s/white-elfa-utility-pantry-door-wall-rack-solution/d?productId=11001393&q=door%20solution

Edited by 1GirlTwinBoys
  • Like 1

Um, did you realize it's the law in this land to link nifty ideas when you post about them? Some people here totally geek out on such things like to see what's out there. 

I keep a small pair of scissors and one roll of Scotch tape in my car at all times. They get used a lot.

I'm not sure where it came from, but it looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Yueton%C2%AE-Aluminum-Wallets-Compact-Available/dp/B014QZUTAU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451913707&sr=8-2&keywords=aluminum+card+holder+polka+dot

• Like 1

Whew! Your citizenship in this magical kingdom is secure. 

Thanks for the link. Is the RFID protection only for cards w/ chips in them? There is so much I don't know!

• Like 2

Whew! Your citizenship in this magical kingdom is secure. 

Thanks for the link. Is the RFID protection only for cards w/ chips in them? There is so much I don't know!

haha

I don't know, either! I'm using it mostly for store cards (B&N educator card, JCP rewards card, etc.)

• Like 1

I was about to give some stained Corelle saucers to Goodwill.  I have very high hopes for them now! 

Thanks for the tip, Katy!

I got this yesterday and used it last night. The DW (Edited, b/c I hit submit too soon!) was mostly full, so only a few dishes went in w/o being thoroughly rinsed. I ran it when I went to bed last night. This morning? All of the dishes were clean. :D

I have that caddy thing in my Amazon cart right now to use under our Keurig. I looked for it in a couple of stores last week but didn't find it. We got dd a Keurig for Christmas. If I like this caddy thing as much as I think I will, I'll get her one too. 

I'm so glad it works as well for you as it does for us!

• Like 2

Car scissors

Owning iced tea spoons for stirring travel mugs

Prelit tree and laser projector Christmas lights

Living five minutes from everything

A friend of mine cleans houses for cheap.  I have her come clean the house once or twice a month.  Since I went back to work full time, this has been a lifesaver for me and it doesn't cost a fortune. 

I have a one year old cat that is a major snuggler.  My recliner + fleece blanket + cat + cup of tea= easy relaxation for me

My 14 year old has taken the initiative to start doing all of her own laundry.  Dh does his own laundry.  Awesome for me.

• Like 1

Mine are probably repeats...I've always been a cash carrying, car tampon stowing, trash can in every room, secret battery inserting ( and twist tie removing) mom. My favorites are- everybody has their own towel color- yep 9 different colors and everyone has their own clothes basket kept in their room. Bring down, do your laundry, dump it in the basket and return. No laundry sorting. And yes, I taught the 8 yo to do laundry. If she can navigate technology she can start a washer.

• Like 6

Mine are probably repeats...I've always been a cash carrying, car tampon stowing, trash can in every room, secret battery inserting ( and twist tie removing) mom. My favorites are- everybody has their own towel color- yep 9 different colors and everyone has their own clothes basket kept in their room. Bring down, do your laundry, dump it in the basket and return. No laundry sorting. And yes, I taught the 8 yo to do laundry. If she can navigate technology she can start a washer.

Preach it, Sister!

I had my dc make their beds as soon as they left the crib. Didn't look like a magazine, but it was made. 

Everyone has two laundry baskets: one for lights and one for darks (DH and I share). Instant sorting as dirty clothes come off. My dc have done their own laundry (w/ much supervision for a long time) since they were little. 

A squeegee in the shower helps cut down cleaning time. Truth told, I like to use the squeegee and then spray this DIY concoction of Clean Shower. Funny how much time I spend tidying up after a shower because I'm so lazy I hate cleaning it. 

• Like 2

Preach it, Sister!

I had my dc make their beds as soon as they left the crib. Didn't look like a magazine, but it was made.

Everyone has two laundry baskets: one for lights and one for darks (DH and I share). Instant sorting as dirty clothes come off. My dc have done their own laundry (w/ much supervision for a long time) since they were little.

A squeegee in the shower helps cut down cleaning time. Truth told, I like to use the squeegee and then spray this DIY concoction of Clean Shower. Funny how much time I spend tidying up after a shower because I'm so lazy I hate cleaning it.

Glad I'm not alone on the laundry. I forgot... I keep cleaning stuff in each room ( in a drawer). If I see something I zap it quick. Sadly if I have to go through the house to get cleaning stuff I just won't. Yes, apparently I AM that lazy.

• Like 2

This isn't inexpensive but we got a new fridge.  Our old fridge was too big.  I thought I wanted one that big since we had 7 or 8 people living here but it was too big for the space in our kitchen and created a bottleneck in the most used area of the kitchen.  And also, food would just get lost in the back.  I dreaded cleaning it out.  But now with my new smaller fridge, it actually stays a lot cleaner and is easier to clean.  And it doesn't get in the way whenever the door is opened.  I really love just being able to open the door and see what's in there instead of having to dig through.  

Also, we got a composting service once a week.  I love, love, love not wasting food anymore.  Instead of feeling guilty about uneaten leftovers or spoiled food, I just put it in the compost bin and take it to the curb once a week.  I feel virtuous and organized at the same time!

• Like 2

Preach it, Sister!

Does your concoction work on rusty water, or is that not included in your definition of "hard" (people seem to vary on this).  Please say yes.  Rusty shower is my nemesis.

I quit cooking dinner. Lunch is now the main meal of the day. Dinner is leftovers, a salad (I keep a big bowl in the fridge), and/or a sandwich. Pick up after yourself and be done by 7:00pm.

Picky eaters are less picky at lunch and can have PB&J every night. I don't have to sit at the table and listen to LOUD children who are unable to regulate volume when tired. I don't have to cook or eat when I don't feel well (most evenings). No temptation to stop for fast food when getting home late, because easy to make food is already at home.

Life changing.

• Like 8

I quit cooking dinner. Lunch is now the main meal of the day. Dinner is leftovers, a salad (I keep a big bowl in the fridge), and/or a sandwich. Pick up after yourself and be done by 7:00pm.

Picky eaters are less picky at lunch and can have PB&J every night. I don't have to sit at the table and listen to LOUD children who are unable to regulate volume when tired. I don't have to cook or eat when I don't feel well (most evenings). No temptation to stop for fast food when getting home late, because easy to make food is already at home.

Life changing.

This is interesting and I will be thinking it over.  Thanks.

• Like 2

Does your concoction work on rusty water, or is that not included in your definition of "hard" (people seem to vary on this).  Please say yes.  Rusty shower is my nemesis.

Not sure, as I don't have rusty water. That's not my blog, btw. Maybe the author of the blog can help you???

I'm cheap and lazy but I did buy Clean Shower and used it up before filling it up w/ the DIY formula.  :lol:

Living in a small(er) then average house for my area. 

A great big, high quality backpack. 

Having a snowblower. When we had shovels I had to do most to all of the shoveling. Now we have a snowblower Dh does it. I got it for myself to use, but I snowblow like a drunken sailor on the high seas. You know the tube the snow shoots out of, I have a knack for always pointing it so the snow hits something. Our house, the neighbors house, windows, the sidewalk, the driveway. ...

• Like 4

Someone mentioned this up thread, but cooking the main meal midday is a serious game changer. I'm not tired yet and the kitchen is always clean before bedtime. I'd been known to guiltlessly leave dinner dishes over night, but it almost never happens now.

Also, the dual zone heated mattress pad is amazing. DH doesn't turn on his side at all, but I LOVE getting into a warm bed. My muscles just melt and I go right to sleep.

Lying to my husband about when appointments start has also improved my life. He cuts it so close that it makes me anxious. He's not remotely bothered by waltzing in exactly on time or even five-ten minutes late. Now I just pad the time by a few minutes according to how important the appointment is . . . usually ten minutes for stuff in town, or thirty for something at Johns Hopkins. He's never remotely annoyed to get somewhere early and is glad to have time to grab coffee, so it's win-win.

• Like 3

Someone mentioned this up thread, but cooking the main meal midday is a serious game changer. I'm not tired yet and the kitchen is always clean before bedtime. I'd been known to guiltlessly leave dinner dishes over night, but it almost never happens now.

Also, the dual zone heated mattress pad is amazing. DH doesn't turn on his side at all, but I LOVE getting into a warm bed. My muscles just melt and I go right to sleep.

Lying to my husband about when appointments start has also improved my life. He cuts it so close that it makes me anxious. He's not remotely bothered by waltzing in exactly on time or even five-ten minutes late. Now I just pad the time by a few minutes according to how important the appointment is . . . usually ten minutes for stuff in town, or thirty for something at Johns Hopkins. He's never remotely annoyed to get somewhere early and is glad to have time to grab coffee, so it's win-win.

I think I need to lie to myself and my dh lol.

• Like 1

Love this!

• Like 3

Link, please! It is the law of the land, after all.

My father would lie to my mother about what time he wanted to leave the house. Life got happier when he did that. Win-win, indeed. ;)

Scanner Pro app. I scan schoolwork, permission slips, doctors notes, etc, and they come out as nice PDFs. Things I want to save can then go into Notability.

I take photos of some things, but for making PDFs, Scanner Pro is just so easy.

I also like transparent plastic envelopes from the Contsiner Store. A #10 one for receipts and a half sheet one for regular papers that I fold in half. Cuts down on desperate rummaging in my purse.

Clear binder pockets instead of file folders for things I am currently working on.

ETA. I am the type that loses physical papers.

Wait, what is scanner pro?  I think I need it.  Is it an app?

Does it organize things into files?

A friend of mine cleans houses for cheap.  I have her come clean the house once or twice a month.  Since I went back to work full time, this has been a lifesaver for me and it doesn't cost a fortune. 

I have a one year old cat that is a major snuggler.  My recliner + fleece blanket + cat + cup of tea= easy relaxation for me

My 14 year old has taken the initiative to start doing all of her own laundry.  Dh does his own laundry.  Awesome for me.

Define cheap.

I may be going back to work and would like to hire someone.  I don't even want bedrooms cleaned, just the main areas.

I don't lie about when things start, but I pad the time needed to get places to ensure there's plenty of time so I fudge on the "when we need to leave bit."  If I didn't we'd pretty much have always been late to anything.  Early is better than late.  With my policy, I can't think of a single time we've been late to something though we've cut it close occasionally when significant traffic issues arise.

I'm intrigued that you've found appts at JH to be on time though.  Many times I've been tempted to show up there half an hour or hour late just to avoid waiting myself.  This is only for actual Dr. appts.  Usually any tests run there are scheduled well, but they sure cram too many folks into too little time for every doctor I've seen there - not the doctor's fault - just the scheduling policy.  It probably doesn't help that locally with doctors or dentists I'm often finished prior to or during my appt time since I tend to arrive early. 

An aside-I used cascade and dry Clorox 2 in a bucket of hot water when the kids were little-poop, spit up, mud, blood, beets- it took all those stains out. Edited by joyofsix
  • Like 1

Link, please! It is the law of the land, after all.

My father would lie to my mother about what time he wanted to leave the house. Life got happier when he did that. Win-win, indeed. ;)

This is the one I have http://m.jcpenney.com/sunbeam-premium-heated-mattress-pad/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001950053&catId=cat100250071&deptId=dept20000012&Ntt=
  • Like 1

Also, I deleted Facebook from my phone. If I want to check it I have to log in from the computer, which I usually don't feel like doing. Wow! What a liberating feeling! Now I don't have to get irritated as frequently during my day. [emoji23]

I did the same and it's the best thing I ever did. Eventually, I was so happy NOT being on Facebook that I finally just deactivated my account. Maybe one of these days I'll just delete it altogether.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Edited by Hoot
  • Like 1