Menu

workbook style OG or Spalding curriculum?

garyandmolly

The entire point of OG methods is to use multi sensory teaching methods to increase retention. That said, Wilson has workbooks that go along with their system, however I'm pretty sure they are not available to anyone who isn't doing the full program.

I don't know if you have more children coming afterwards, but once you use any OG where you learn the rules as well as your child, you can apply those to any/all spelling and writing.  I know that doesn't directly answer your question, but often moms use teacher intensive programs with their older kids and gravitate away from those as more kids are being schooled.  I myself still use teaching techniques I learned from AAS and RS Math even though I'm not using RS at all and use AAS only when I can fit it in.  

• Like 1

Thank you for all the good ideas . I'll definitely have to look at the recipe for reading. I agree once you know all the rules yourself you can maybe teach them with any curriculum. I'm planning to use Reading Lessons through Literature with my son age 7. But I wanted something different for my daughter age 6 to avoid competition issues. Does anyone know if abeka reading is similar to the OG method?

• Like 1

Does LOE have to be teacher intensive or can all review be done with the workbooks?

It can't be done just from the workbooks if you plan on covering all material in the teacher's manual.  It is very teacher intensive as well.  Also, I had a child who could read enough of the words/sentences to match them to the pictures without being able to correctly read the entire sentence.  So in her case, I had to have her read out loud everything she did on the workbooks to make sure she actually could correctly read the material even if she answered all questions correctly.