Menu

Secular Ancient History/Literature/Writing combo for 9th?

I'm assuming you don't want to do this yourself, but one possibility would be to do the history and literature at home using the Great Books, as discussed in WTM and then get a tutor to work on writing matching your history and lit.  (For writing, we're using Writing with a Thesis by Skwire and Skwire and other material and will likely get a tutor for awhile.)  We're economizing on other parts by using Great Courses History of the Ancient World: A Global Perspective as a spine, from the library, as well as many of the Great Books literature from the library and will spend our money on writing.

I'm assuming you don't want to do this yourself, but one possibility would be to do the history and literature at home using the Great Books, as discussed in WTM and then get a tutor to work on writing matching your history and lit.  (For writing, we're using Writing with a Thesis by Skwire and Skwire and other material and will likely get a tutor for awhile.)  We're economizing on other parts by using Great Courses History of the Ancient World: A Global Perspective as a spine, from the library, as well as many of the Great Books literature from the library and will spend our money on writing.

Thanks. I saw the GC course and that looks like a perfect addition. I might just have to do it on my own.