Menu

King-size sheets for a queen-size bed? Has anyone done this?

we also have king size comforters :-) So yes, it works!

one thing you can do rather than buy separate sheets is to sew on an edge to the queen flat sheet. My mom did it with all my twin sheets growing up so she could also use them on the double guest bed ;-)

just choose a similar color or eye-catching print for the sides. pretty straight forward....nothing fancy to add on a strip with a clean edge.

What an awesome idea!! I have a king sized bed, or I'd be borrowing this idea for myself!

My dh and I absolutely cannot share covers! One of us always ends up with NO covers (usually, ME!! LOL). We ended up with king sized everything so that the bed looks put together when made. Dh has his own set of covers that get folded and put away every morning. It has worked SO well for us!!!

Yup. We do it here too. We use king on our queen bed, dd uses queen on her full, and ds uses full on his twin. Works fine. Sometimes there is a bit extra in the pocket area, but they stay tucked in just fine.

Dh likes lots of covers on his side, and is a blanket hog on top of that, so it really makes it easier for me to sleep in the same bed as he does. If I had the space, though, I would have my OWN bed!! I really hate sharing my bed with anyone, let alone someone who snores, and has sharp toenails. :p

What an awesome idea!! I have a king sized bed, or I'd be borrowing this idea for myself!

My dh and I absolutely cannot share covers! One of us always ends up with NO covers (usually, ME!! LOL). We ended up with king sized everything so that the bed looks put together when made. Dh has his own set of covers that get folded and put away every morning. It has worked SO well for us!!!

Have you tried california king? Is there a big enough diffenence?

I use king on my queen too:D