Menu

Accountability Nov15-Nov 22

Today is baby girl's 3rd b-day! We are having a party today for my 3y.o. and my (almost) 6yo who has a bday in a few days. This am we will finishing mopping and dd1, resident baker, will be making cupcakes and decorating them. I told them they get our gifts this am, they are both getting their first Lego sets- Duplo for the 3yo (we have an old Duplo but this one has more and varied pieces) and the 6yo gets her very own regular Lego set- I'm thinking they are going to be plenty busy building.

Ds and dh are out hunting this morning, if they get a deer the am will be spent on that, if not they will be doing some programming work. We finally bought some poster supplies for ds but I'm thinking we will have them just do one poster instead of 2.

I have decided to go ahead and break- we are having Robotics Friday Am, Tuesday and Thursday after lunch and I have a dentist appt for the 3yo on Wednesday and then 4-H horse club and then Robotics group will be doing their presentation for PS teachers and administrators, it will be a hairy week even without anything else. I figure I'll have them do a bit of the basics in the am perhaps(prioritizing spelling, grammar and math) but I'm not going to stress about it, it will just be a bonus. I've went through our books a bit trying to figure out how much we need to get done to get to where we need to be by the end of the Holidays but my brain has too much going on to make sense of it right now. 

Saturday is the BIG day for our robotics team! 6 days and counting!!!!

today's tasks:

laundry- it is washed and dried- we need to fold and put it away

mop the kitchen

decorate- which means I need to do a bit of searching for some inspiration

baking- dd1

B-DAY PARTY :)

• Like 7

B-DAY PARTY  :)

Happy birthday to your baby! Three was a fun age.

DH is also off to the deer woods this am, but not to hunt. He wants to get in some good hiking in camouflage before Noah has to come get us in the ark. We have school this morning, but the shopping is already done so I may get a start on a stew for supper tonight earlier than usual. Laundry is going, and school starts at nine.

Today:

French-review units 3,4 oral drill only

Latin-review lesson 11, recitation-no workbook today.

Math-CLE lesson and a page of Key to Fractions

Writing-get spelling words for this week from Act 2, scenes 3 and 4, one boy needs to complete his retelling of Act 2, scene 2. I want to finish this plot this week.

For me:

French

Latin

Algebra-starting exponents and quadratics

NaNo- I am aiming for 4,000 words today. If I get around 5,000 today I could break 40,000 and get my next badge.

• Like 3

DD got up early to do her math, so that's done. I bought Math Rider during the flash sale yesterday because she played it ages ago and liked it, and it was half off. She played that for about an hour, which is great, because she still isn't 100% solid on all her math facts (she can calculate them pretty quickly, so it wasn't worth stopping all other math while we spent frustrated hours going over and over them.) Still have English and handwriting to do, and we haven't had time to get to art for weeks. 

I got all the laundry cleaned yesterday, but it needs to be put away, and I need to practice guitar. I'm debating whether to exercise, since I'm still a bit sore from yesterday. DH got our little tractor stuck in the mud and I had to help wedge things under the wheels to get it out (there's a trust exercise for you - crawl under the wheels of a running tractor with nothing but cinderblocks to help and/or crush you more), then shovel mud over our exposed pipes in the back yard. 

DD had an impromptu driving lesson this afternoon. DH is putting down rock for the driveway, so all the vehicles needed to be moved. She moved them, but one car hemorrhages oil, so I had to show her how to check the oil and add fluids (no oil, for once, but it needed windshield washer fluid to get the bird poop off) before driving around our property. We have a very long driveway, plus a field next to it, so she can get plenty of practice. The dog decided he wanted to ride and was NOT getting out of the car, so she drove him around. In the front passenger seat, no less. It was adorable.

• Like 4

Evening update:

Got all the schoolwork accomplished (even art!), finished King Arthur and got through the first chapter of The Hobbit (on audio while DD did her art project). 

One basket of laundry put away

Made/ate dinner

Practiced guitar

DD played at the neighbor's house 

Garbage taken out

Multiple loads of dishes

Not accomplished:

Dog's bath 

2/3 of laundry hanging/folding

exercise

vacuuming 

• Like 4

I'm supposed to be working on history questions. Unfortunately for history, I'm locked in an argument with my protagonist, and I think it is going to take some undivided attention on my part and a cup of hot cocoa to settle this dispute. So history is going to have to wait. So there. :laugh:

• Like 6

Critter- good luck on the writing :)

Jean- I'm anxious to see how your schedule goes

Aurelia- I'm sure your daughter was thrilled to drive. I'm glad you survived your tractor incident

We had a good day, the party went well. We cleaned house and had some down time even. I made a pot roast and roasted potatoes following America's Test Kitchen's recipe and it was unbelievably scrumptious. We did not get laundry folded but we just ran out of time during the day and we took the evening time to relax. 

Today's plan:

Looking through our books I want ds to finish 2 math lessons this week and to do a week's worth of grammar and whatever spelling we can manage. He also has a book to finish from the library. Dd1 and 2 don't have anything that has to be done but I'll have them work whenver ds does. I'm looking forward to a smidge of down time and some hrs to do those extras that have been put aside the last few weeks. The weather is supposed to be rainy a good chunk of the week so nature time might not happen between the cold rainy days and our busy schedule. This evening is dance/TKD and scouts with a leader meeting afterward. I have to have supper done before we leave. I must get my act together with food I slacked for a bit and my glucose levels have been higher than they should be I've been working on getting back to where I need to be since after Halloween and am getting better but I'm still not there. Just trying to figure out what can I keep in my diet and still keep my sugar levels low enough :( So, that being said I obviously need to spend more time cooking then I have been.

• Like 4

soror - birthday parties are always fun and Happy Birthday to your little ones:)  

Critter - hearing your progress with your writing is hilarious.  I love reading what is going on there.  

Jean - I do love a good schedule change ;)  Hopefully yours goes smoothly!  Can't wait to hear how it goes.  

Aurelia - impromptu lessons of any kind are the best.  I feel you on the exercise bit, too.  

Yesterday, I decided DH and I needed to sleep in, so we skipped morning church.  After we eventually rolled out of bed, DH and DS ran to the store for breakfast supplies while DD and I cleaned the kitchen and living room.  Breakfast (at lunch time) was delicious, and we then cleaned a bit around the house.  I worked on my November sewing projects that HAVE to be done by Thanksgiving and DH worked on our design collection.  We ran to the store before evening church, went to church, ate dinner.  

Today, my goal is to have 2 projects mostly complete (lacking supplies to finish 100%).  DH's goal is to get yard work done with the kids and clean off the back patio so we can have more wintery toys out there.  No more pool.  It is finally getting cold here (by that, I mean we hit 70 degrees F as a low some days).  I will also bribe ask DH to go over DD's Spanish for the week and read both kids a few books in Spanish.  I can, but he is a native speaker, so his accent is, you know, actually good.  I might even be able to have him squeeze in an art lesson with her.  Tomorrow starts our regular weekly routine.  I'm still working on getting Medieval History set up.  

• Like 5

Morning ladies!  I've been negligent as far as posting here goes.  I think about it all the time - but that's the thing.  A little short on time ;)  

We have company for the next three days.  She's a primary school teacher (currently only subbing) so that's interesting - I wonder what she'll think of our little set up lol.  She's a very good friend of dh's though and I'm excited to have her here with us for a while.  I think she's going to be out of the house helping dh with some ranch stuff - she loves to ride, so I think we're going to try and make that happen for her.  That means we should be able to get a few hours in this morning, although I'm not sure about school this afternoon.  Just winging it!  I planned a full week with a promise to myself I would not stress if it does not get done, I'll just pass if forward to the next week.

I read every day - other people's lives are so interesting and amusing it reminds me to appreciate the little idiosyncrasies in my own little world - I'm sure they're amusing to someone else lol.

Critter - darn and hurray for those stubborn protagonists with their own ideas!  Let us know how that one turns out lol

Jean - I'm also inspired by your schedule change.  I'm considering shaking a few things up too. . . 

Aurelia - love the picture of your daughter driving the dog around the place!

Soror, happy belated birthday to your littles!  Glad the party went well :)

Shernandez - Good luck with the medieval history!  Lots of fun at the age.

• Like 4

It is raining here. I'm dealing with some old animal issues yet again this week. Story of my life.

Schedule today: 

French-Unit 5, workbook

Latin-Lesson 11, translation and review the prepositions

Math-CLE Lesson 24, page of Key to Fractions

Writing-practice spelling words, sentences, work on Act 2, Scene 3 and 4 of The Ugly Duckling. 

History/Science-OUP Introduction to Medieval Europe and reading on Barbarians/ Continental Drift and additional reading

Literature/Geography-The Children of Lir (not my all time favorite, but close to my favorite Celtic story!)/Continuing with Asia

And no, I haven't come up with my questions for history yet, but I will pull them out at lunch time and get them typed up, I swear! 

For me: French, Latin, Algebra (I was wrong-it is square roots and quadratics, and I was better at the square roots than I thought I would be), and NaNo of course. And tending to critters with chronic medical conditions. 

• Like 4

Ok ladies I'm back after the week I thought would never end. Last week was the longes most unproductive week we've had this year, the only good thing that happened is that my Ds started running and has done it everyday consistently, we did get morning time and our literature readings done everyday. Our music lesson went really long today so not much is going to happen today and Ds has an out of town church function on Friday so this week won't be stellar either, but we will get something more than morning time done.

Soror-Ă°Å¸Å½â€° Happy birthday to your dd!

Critterfixer--I can't wait to read your book!

• Like 4

Monday - Language Arts Day!

Our daily subjects - math, Spanish and vocab went well.  Dd earned a frozen yogurt trip by reaching 80% mastery in her math.  She is now about 5 months behind, much better than the 2 to 3 years that she started out being behind.

Dd started the first module of the BraveWriter Help for Highschool.  She was a bit dismayed to discover that she is actually expected to write.   :confused1: I think this will be good for her though.  We agreed to do one module a week and since one module is a bit too much to do in one day, she will do the second part on one of our project day.  

For the first time since summer I sat down in my armchair and just read for a half hour.  I am reading "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde".   I've read it before but I think it has been at least 30 years since the last time.  Dd is reading "The Book Thief".

Dd also found and read a poem.  

• Like 5

From the last thread:Jean- awesome scarf! Sorror- are you feeling better? I hope you rallied for party day!

From this thread: Shernandez- I'm jealous of your winter weather! I am guessing that I wouldn't be jealous of your summer weather? ;) Critter- its been raining here all day too. Ds was VERY upset he couldn't ride his bike.

Ok, all caught up! Today was very unproductive. The baby is still super sick and equally cranky. He's going back to the doctor tomorrow. So tomorrow will also be an off schedule day. We did get to reading. That's what we always do when someone is sick. Cuddle and read. My goal for tomorrow, knowing things will be thrown off, is to get to reading and math. I think its do able. I'm setting the bar pretty low so something is seriously wrong with me if we can't get it done!

• Like 4

Mrs.Robinson- Feeling better- still stressed but better. Good luck at the Dr.'s visit :( Hopefully it is nothing much.

Jean-I'm glad to read you took some time to read just for yourself and fingers crossed your new schedule continues to work with minimal tweaking.

mama25- this week is going to be better right? That's what I'm telling myself :)

shernandez- What projects are you guys working on?

Tawlas- Any insight yet with your teacher friend, that has to be interesting.

We made it through yesterday, ds did some math and spelling- it took f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Not sure what was up with him. They also had a presentation for our leaders group and were interviewed by the newspaper. IMO they actually did worse then they have been at home I could definitely see their nerves. That is the way it goes though, the practice is good. We are meeting today sometime after lunch as a couple need to do some programming work, hopefully we can get out at a reasonable time though.Tomorrow night they are presenting for a group of teachers and public school administrators- I hope that we improve a good chunk by then as this group gave us lots of feedback and questions last year- they were harsher on them then the actual judges but as I said it is good practice.

Anyway, I need to finish a math lesson with ds today and we are plodding along with spelling. I had wanted to get him through C and D this year but I don't think it is going to happen so I'm thinking as to what is reasonable for him to get done as of late it is taking him so long to do it, I guess it is just as well we are doing light grammar this year it is taking so much energy but I'd just like to be on level sooner rather than later.

All the kids have been enjoying the bday gifts- especially the magnatiles and legos, I think I'm going to get a big set of magnatiles for Christmas.

• Like 4

MrsRobinson - Our winter weather is wonderful, but yes, it does get hot in summer.  Our highs are still in the high 80's, so it's really only nice weather first thing in the morning/last thing in the evening.  Try teaching your kids about winter and snow, though.  DD still thinks we are in Summer.  Planning on taking the kids somewhere cold next year ;)  

Yesterday, I got zero sewing done, so I was a bit disappointed about that.  I worked yesterday, so it limited me in what I was able to do.  DH did take the kids outside yesterday, and I got the kitchens and bathrooms in presentable (not perfect) condition.  No Spanish or Art yesterday either, but our patio looks nice.  I did manage to cut out and place in labeled bags all the timeline figures DD will need for Medieval.  I also cut out half of the paper dolls and put them in the bags, too.  Her shelf is set up and ready to go.  She has 2 chapters left in SOTW1 to finish up this week, so I have the rest of the week to finish the dolls and print out maps.  

Today is our regular schedule.  Daily plus 2 hours of loop time is our goal.  A little extra piano practice to prep for her Christmas recital is also necessary.  I need to get a good portion of the way through Around the World in 80 Days to prepare for my Lit discussion with high schoolers this week.  I also really, really need to sew.  I only have one little extra today, so hopefully it won't be too crazy around here ;)  DH works late, so that will give me some time this evening, too.  I hope you all have a great day!

• Like 3

soror - right now, I'm wrapping up Christmas gifts for this year for family/friends.  Everyone is getting a quilted advent calendar.  I also need to finish the skirt for our tree...I started it last year and never finished.  Aside from that, our main project is a design line for girls.  I have one pattern complete and I am working on the final garment now.  As long is it turns out the way the prototype did, I can grade it for other sizes and start selling!  We have a good feeling about our idea, so hopefully it will take off.  

• Like 4

We've got thunder and lightning this morning. I talked the boys into starting school early, as the day will be a wash for any activity outside the house. We might as well get school done so that I can write and they can play or watch a movie. DH is home. It isn't a good day to be sitting up in a tree stand. 

Today's schedule: 

French-Unit 5, Workbook

Latin-finish the translations for lesson 11

Math-Lesson 15, Key to Fractions, 1 pg

Writing-study spelling words, Harvey's Grammar lesson on relative clauses, Act 3 of The Ugly Ducking

History/Science-swap from yesterday

Literature/Geography-swap from yesterday.

My schedule-French, Latin, Algebra, NaNo, housekeeping

• Like 3

Still here...just busy and streesed out. Went out of state to visit family over the weekend and took the time to get into nature by doing some hiking trails. We also picked up a few new mineral samples and went diamond digging.

Dd is being herself today. I had to hand her math sheets back to her at least 3 times.....and 30 min into her first hour block I reminded her that she'd have to finish "after". She got her math correct after that. 45 minutes to complete 10 min of math review. Then we did our copywork sentence. Got all to the last two words and out came the games. She started to misspell a word, immediately stopped to incorrectly fix it. I warned her that she had one chance to fix it (leaving out letter in writing but saying letter out loud) of I'd make her re-do it from the beginning. Wrote it correctly. And then she wrote the last word correctly until she got to the last letter. She put her pencil down to write an uppercase letter, I corrected and she placed her pencil to write a lowercase.....then went back and wrote the uppercase letter. I made her go back and re-write the whole sentence.

*Sigh* I have a feeling it is going to be a long day.

Stefanie

• Like 3

Well, I tried to post a picture of the flash flood across our front yard and driveway, but apparently I'm not tech savvy enough for that. Suffice to say that the relentless rain that started Sunday is taking its toll.

Baby is good. His cough isn't turning into pneumonia. Whew! Ds, however, has caught the cough which means a garunteed asthma flare up for him. I'm getting his nebulizer and what not in place now.

Dd has done reading and she picked up her science on her own. I'd still like to get to math but we're making cookies right now. Can't ruin a perfectly lovely batch of cookies with a math workbook now, can we?

• Like 4

Boys have been a little crispy today, but we are almost done with school. I hope that they behave while I do my writing. I'm enjoying a little more popularity that one would expect, given that I'm the Wicked Witch of the West today. :glare:

The roof is leaking. Again. After we put 700$ into fixing it. Same rate of leaking, same mess. Joy. Guy coming out to work on it again tomorrow.

• Like 3

Well, I tried to post a picture of the flash flood across our front yard and driveway, but apparently I'm not tech savvy enough for that. Suffice to say that the relentless rain that started Sunday is taking its toll.

Baby is good. His cough isn't turning into pneumonia. Whew! Ds, however, has caught the cough which means a garunteed asthma flare up for him. I'm getting his nebulizer and what not in place now.

Dd has done reading and she picked up her science on her own. I'd still like to get to math but we're making cookies right now. Can't ruin a perfectly lovely batch of cookies with a math workbook now, can we?

Guaranteed!!! I looked at that more than once and thought, "well, if was spelled wrong, autocorrect would have fixed it!" Ha! I knew it was wrong!

• Like 3

Tuesday - science block day

All went swimmingly until 1 pm when the power went out for the afternoon.  Power is back on again but winds are still gusting so who knows how long.  I went and got teriyaki carry-out for dinner.  And I gassed up the car in case we have to make a quick getaway for some reason.  

• Like 4

MrsRobinson-so glad baby's cough is not turning into pneumonia. I hear you about your other Ds cough turning into an asthma flare, we go through the same thing.

Critterfixer- how are your animals today? So sorry about that darn roof, I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.

Shernandez-you are on a roll! I thought I was doing good getting my lists together and preparing to order in the next day or two and here you are wrapping gifts.

Soror-hoping that all goes well with the presentation.

We had some rain here today too and even with that I've had a pretty good birthday, my kiddos were able to sneak a cake in for me. I'd already planned to be off Friday and I hav a hair appointment, I'm so excited! It's been awhile since I got my hair done. We did get some school done today.

• Like 4

Critterfixer- how are your animals today? So sorry about that darn roof, I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.

Fair. The old dog seems to be getting around better. The cat's eye is no worse, and it actually does look better today. She's getting tired of me grabbing her up to look at it.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the roof Critter :(

Yesterday we took a walk in the drizzling rain and then ds requested poetry so we had poetry time with some cocoa. Dd1 played prodigy math online. Ds is fighting a cold, I should have known yesterday since he had such a hard time, you could tell he felt awful but he kept plugging along, thankfully he is feeling better today. We got the laundry folded, watched a show for lunch and then played with legos and magnatiles.

quick check-in- 

Good meeting yesterday but our presentation needs some work IMO. Robot trials are improving.

Today: team member coming over at 9 for work on the team poster

Will drop her off on the way to dd3's dentist appt at 12:15

We will present tonight for PS administrators and teachers

• Like 4

Shernandez-you are on a roll! I thought I was doing good getting my lists together and preparing to order in the next day or two and here you are wrapping gifts.

Haha...if only.  Wrapping up as in finishing making them ;)  I actually don't have a single one complete.  One is quilted and all, just waiting on binding.  One is currently at my sewing machine.  The others have not really been touched:/  Plus, since they are advent calendars, I need to get them out asap so they can actually use them in December.  

No sewing was one yesterday...again.  Gah.  Not good.  I did finish all of our Medieval History stuff, though!  Everything is ready to go for next week when she starts.  We had a pretty decent school day yesterday.  DS has been begging for school, so I have been working with him for about 30 minutes a day.  A lot of it is just coloring along side him, but we are both having fun.  I also sorted and mostly put away a huge stack of school papers.  

Today, we need to get to the library because I have some overdue books.  I want to finish putting away school papers (they are currently covering craft table, which may be why I haven't been sewing much).  I also need to catch up on laundry.  Before any of this, we need to do our school routine.  It is just my two lovelies today, so that does make things easier.  

MrsRobinson - hope everyone is feeling better in your house.  My DS has a cough, too:(  DD is starting to sound hoarse...  

• Like 5

Let's see...

French-Unit 5, Workbook

Latin-Recitation and Review for the quiz tomorrow

Math-Test today, page of Key to Fractions

Writing-Spelling, Diagramming, boys will read aloud their work with The Ugly Duckling to finish up that writing project.

History/Science-Chapter 1 Europe, additional reading on the Huns/ Sea Floor Spreading

Literature/Geography-The Birth of Cuchulainn/ Still in Asia

For me: French, Latin, Algebra, NaNo, clean the chicken house, hair cut and coloring this afternoon and remind her to get it darker this time. I got a head start on NaNo last night since I'll be out of the house most of the late afternoon, then DH will be back, and it will be tough to find writing time unless I go hide out with the dogs in the office.

• Like 6

I think we are on the mend here, finally! Baby slept really well last night and is taking a nice long nap now. He couldn't sleep for more than 20 minutes without his coughing waking him up so this is a really good sign. I gave ds a nebulizer treatment before bed last night. He didn't cough at all through the night and only once this morning. So maybe we nipped it in the bud.

We are moving slowly today. They just finished breakfast. But dd did reading before breakfast, so there's something. Its just going to have to be one of those days that I don't look at the clock. On to math!

• Like 6

Omg! I think I just solve the iPad signing out on me all the time problem!! I've been avoiding using safari for months because it signs me out of all password protected websites constantly. So time consuming and irritating. But spent 45 minutes online this morning and finally figured it out! Hurray! Well. I hope, anyway. I'll get back to you in a few days ;)

We've had company all week, but some school has gotten done, and she's super hands on with the kids so they've played board games, piano duets and we even had an hour or so lounging in front of the fireplace reading books together yesterday. So I think we're good.

I think I need to rearrange our schedule. I'm working on getting dd9 set up with curriculum that's a bit more independent so that were only really working face to face on her most challenging stuff (for her that's spelling and dictation). I'm also getting her set up with brainology to see if that will help her accept that corrections don't mean I think she's stupid - they mean I'm trying to help. I'm hoping this will help us both (all?) in a variety of ways. But I may need to drop French and Latin and possibly put writing on hold for a while - at least formally. I've been fighting that since September, but it just may be a reality. I'll look at my daily routine and see what I can do - with Jean's idea and a few others in the back of my mind lol. I hate to concede unless I have to.

• Like 5

We had a good day, it was short because I had an appointment. We got phonics, math, and a short morning time done. The best part was music practice, older Ds and I pulled out our recorders and played along when younger Ds played Mary Had a Little Lamb. I'm also thinking about our next term and researching how/ what we're going to do, I'll probably post my decisions sometime next month.

• Like 4

Jean- So great to see them making connections, especially when it is on their own!

Tawlas- I think it is likely a good idea to pare down while you are working on getting them where they need to be with their core work, unfortunately when kids have difficulties you can't always do everything, I know I've had to cut out and delay things numerous times just because we don't have the time and brain span with how hard ds works with his hard subjects, it is what it is :(

Mrs. Robinson- Ya for kids on the mend!

mama25- you were due a short day, right? after the longest week in history :)

Critter- I imagine you as a silvery hair maven for some reason :) with rubber boots and a flannel shirt working with your chickens and bees :)

The day is progressing :) Ds is feeling better, I was almost ready to cattle prod both him and his teammate this morning as I couldn't get either to focus on the poster however some progress was made and I picked up the pictures and he is now finishing it then we are handing it off to his teammate tonight so she can finish her part. I'm trying not to be nervous about their presentation tonight or to spaz out in general, tooooo many things in my head. Robotics in the am tomorrow and then in the afternoon Friday.

Dd3 had her dental appt today, she will have to go under to get some teeth fixed. Unfortunately a few of her teeth erupted with enamel defects(I'm sure thanks to my Celiac and Hashimoto's my health wasn't that great last pregnancy and I had several deficiencies despite a good diet) any way they unsurprisingly have cavities and it is at the point we are going to have to take care of it. It will be pretty darn expensive but at least we can get it done at once and it won't be too bad of an experience for her. I now have to schedule a physical for her to be cleared for the anesthesia, hopefully I remember that tomorrow as with the holidays it will be hard to get in and I think it has to be done by Nov 30.

I think that is it--- I can't remember!

• Like 4

Critter- I imagine you as a silvery hair maven for some reason  :) with rubber boots and a flannel shirt working with your chickens and bees  :)

All but the hair. I'm dark as a bat's wing right now, but I asked for it. :laugh: The rubber boots, flannel shirt etc are spot on.

• Like 2

Up this morning:

French-Finish Unit 5, then done until the next books get here

Latin-Quiz 11-looks tough so I'm anticipating some really dirty looks

Math-no math today, PARTY!

Writing-Spelling test and Free Writing

History/Science-swap from yesterday

Literature/ Geography-swap from yesterday

For me: French, Latin, NaNo, Housekeeping and I need to bake a cheesecake for Saturday.

We are on a break next week. Sunday we celebrate the boys' birthday-we are going to the aquarium again, their idea. I've got a bunch to do with History, and I need to pick a project in housekeeping to work on. I admit I'm itching to bump my NaNo total up to about 70 K if I can write hard in the coming week. Overachiever, I know. :lol:

• Like 4

Okay....the games and defiance are making me want to scream.....

We had fake tears and drama to get out of math yesterday.  Today she is correcting her math......

The problems are set up so they have a drawing showing the two groups to be added.  Then they give one digit in the number sentence and the student is supposed to use the drawing to figure out the amount to be added to the first digit and the answer to complete the number sentence. 

How do I know she's playing a game....she "corrected" all the problems to the correct answer but wrong number sentence from the correct number sentence to wrong answer. 

Stefanie

• Like 4

How do I know she's playing a game....she "corrected" all the problems to the correct answer but wrong number sentence from the correct number sentence to wrong answer. 

Sounds like she gets to do the lesson again. With you sitting there, I reckon. I suggest chocolate chips. High drama goes well with chocolate chips.

No drama here unless you count me being aggravated at the old cat for contriving to get rid of her pills for the last two days. I wondered why her eye looked better until yesterday. So she will be getting her pill this evening when I am more alert to her little tricks. On the plus side, I'm glad she feels well enough to be back to her sneaky little self.

I didn't sleep after about 1 am this morning, so I'm blinking and a little grouchy today. I'm glad that out school day was short and that I cut the housekeeping down to just sweeping. I've got next week off to clean and write, and that's a good thing. Now I must go out and get supplies to make the cheesecake, and I conceivably might get myself a nice chocolate tonic while I'm there...

• Like 5

(hugs) Stefanie- I think Critter's suggestion is a good one.

We made it through another day. The girls and I made some Christmas ornaments in the am and robotics went long, as usual, I had people here from 9-2. Ds then worked on tweaking 2 of the programs last night while I took the girls in for dance and tumbling. Dd2 is so stinkin' cute in her dance. Dd1 really enjoys tumbling, although I'm not sure the class is worth it myself, she thinks it is. Oh, I also made it to the library and got a load of books for everyone so we had to drag them away from their books to bed. Kingdom of Wrenly-1 came in for dd1, her only comment so far is that it can't replace Catwings, sigh. I also picked her up a couple of graphic novels. Ds got a stack of non-fic, classics and contemporary fiction. I imagine we will spend a chunk of this morning reading books and cleaning house- I won't have a chance to Sat and I won't want to Sun so I want to get it in shape this am. I'd like to walk to but I don't know if the weather will cooperate.

Today we have the opposite schedule, robotics will be starting at 2pm as we will need some time with dh to practice robot design interviews. They continue to improve bit by bit on everything. I'm still trying to contain my nerves but I doubt any of us sleep well tonight!!!! Ds will be typing up the Robot Design Executive Summary today, the others will come at 2 and work on practicing their presentation and teambuilding; then around 3:30 when dh comes home he will do robot design interviews with him and robot trials for the final time to make our final decisions as to who will run the table during our official trials. We will be leaving around 7am tomorrow and not back until 7pm or later. On one hand we are all ready to be done but we would of course be honored to advance. It is a wild ride, so much more to it then we originally thought!!!

I'm taking the girls in this afternoon/evening at some point to my dad's work as they will be going home with him and staying the night Friday and Saturday, they are terribly excited about seeing Granny and their cousins. 

• Like 2

Gee soror, I'm getting nervous for you guys too! It sounds very exciting :)

I've decided I'm going to try Brainology for dd9. It's created for middle school aged kids, so she may be a little young, but there's a lot of video and online components so I think she'll like it, and we'll work together on the reading and writing activities.  She get so combative and belligerent when she doesn't do everything perfect, extremely hard to work with, so I thought maybe this would help.  You can get part of it for one month free, so I'm looking it over this weekend and we'll start Sunday afternoon.  I hope.  It's based on the book Mindset, which I adore, so fingers crossed that it's what I need for her (and it has some ideas for me to help her as well).  I also think that soon I'll be stopping REWARDS for a bit (though I think it's perfect for her) and she'll so some skype-tutoring daily with a woman from Learning Links to get a thorough review in phonics and maybe learn some new things from a different angle.  On the same vein, I'm going to try Math U See with her.  I know it's not as challenging as Math Mammoth, but I figure we'll save our face-to-face time for the stuff she really needs one-on-one work with and I'll have more patience and she'll be less sick of me ;)  Right now, that spelling and dictation and writing.  Something has to give, and this is my next attempt.  Plus, I'll be able to work with dd6 for more than a little bit, which I feel like he deserves.  Still reworking the schedule, trying out different arrangements. . . 

• Like 2

Tawlas- good luck with Brainology, I'll be interested to see your updates, I quite enjoyed Mindset too. 

We are so enjoying a relaxing morning here. Dd1 read through the book I got her already, so I guess she must have like it ok (I requested the next 2 in the series already). Ds started reading one of his books along with snatching my copy of Sandman(he tends towards more mature content and handles it well- he keeps asking me to watch horror movies). Now the girls are onto Legos and I'm working on laundry and doing health research here and there as I neglected some things for awhile (like my blood sugar) and I'm trying to get back on top of it and hopefully get to feeling better again, this holiday season will be a time of rest, relaxation and enjoying our family time!

• Like 2