Menu

does drivers lic. address have to match your SAT/ACT info?

We have moved to a new home (same area) since taking the ACT / SAT last year.  I am at checkout with the SAT and this line I didn't notice on the ACT registration I just did last week:

Make sure that all your information is correct. You will not be admitted to the test center unless:
  • The photo you have submitted matches your appearance on test day.
  • Your personal info matches the info on your ID exactly.

Of course his drivers Lic. has the old address.  Aren't they just talking about the photo and legal name of the student? 

Surely this has come up for someone else here recently as often as people move? Of course his address is listed as under personal information on the registration page, hence my double checking!  Thanks!

(Here is more info from their site:

Important Policies Regarding ID
  • Matching Names: You are responsible for ensuring that the name you used to register exactly matches the name on the ID document(s) you will present at the test center. If you need to make a change to your name after registering, please contact Customer Service at least 30 days prior to your intended test date. Middle names and initials are optional on your documents; however, if provided, the middle initial must exactly match the first letter of your middle name on your ID.
  • Matching Appearance:: If test administration staff cannot sufficiently authenticate your identification from the ID you present, you may be denied admission to the test center, or your test score may be withheld or canceled.
  • Test center staff are not required to hold your seat if you leave the center to obtain acceptable identification.
  • Prior admission to a test center based on any particular ID document is no guarantee that the same ID document will be considered acceptable in the future.
  • Admission to the test center is no guarantee that the ID you provided is valid or that your scores will be reported. All reported or suspected cases of questionable ID or test-taker identity are subject to our review and approval before, during, or after the test administration.
  • You should keep your ID and Admission Ticket with you at all times while at the test center, including during breaks. You may be required to show your ID and Admission Ticket and/or to sign a test center log multiple times and at various points throughout the test administration.
  • If it is discovered after your test administration that you used a false or invalid identification, your test scores will be canceled, and you will forfeit your registration and test fees. Your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) (if you are under 18), your high school, and the colleges and programs you have designated to receive your score reports will be notified and may be told why your scores were canceled. Law enforcement authorities may also be notified when fraud is suspected, and you may be banned from future tests.
  • If you fail to comply with these identification requirements and policies, you may be dismissed from the test center and your scores may be withheld or canceled. If you are dismissed from the test center prior to completing the test because of invalid or unacceptable ID, or failure to comply with these ID requirements and policies, your test fees will not be refunded.)

But if you are using an ID with an address on it (like driver's license) it must match, I think.  A friend of mine's daughter was prevented from taking the SAT at the nearby high school last year because she had a different address on license than on SATregistration.  If I were you, I'd really check this out.