Menu

"morning sickness", but I'm not pregnant...could I have sympathy symptoms?

Southern Ivy

My weird and random question of the night....

So, my baby sister is pregnant with her 2nd baby. I am NOT pregnant.
The last few times I have been out with my mom and sister, after a few hours with my sister I start to feel like I have morning sickness. I was perfectly fine before going down for a quick trip last night. Spent all day slightly queasy, couldn't even stomach breakfast. Now, I have been home for 2 hours and my stomach is just now starting to settle. 
It's rather bizarre. We were pregnant at the same time with our first babies, so I haven't experienced this before. 

I know men can experience sympathy symptoms with their wives. Is it possible to experience the same thing with a sibling? Or is this just a freak coincidence that has happened the last 3 times I've been down there? 

I've noticed that I get nauseous around the time I ovulate each month and just before I expect AF.  It took me awhile to see a connection (I noticed while I was charting), but I suspect it is hormonal. It feels exactly like morning sickness, and hits me at the same time of day as it does while I'm pregnant (early evening is the worst).  

• Like 1