Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Tranquility7

Why do some threads not show up in Search results?

I read this thread a few days ago:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/572377-did-you-see-that-theres-a-new-dragonbox-next-week/

and then tried to find it again via Search. I tried the regular search of forums, as well as advanced search. No matter what term I used (Dragonbox, beta, Cuisinaire, etc., the thread never once appeared in my results. There were threads from before it, and threads started after it, but never THIS thread. Why is this?

I ended up finding the thread again in my browser history. I opened it and even tried to search for a term within the thread and no matter what term I used (same as above!) it told me that there were no results, when clearly the terms WERE in the thread...

Hmmm. What stinks is that we have a whole server dedicated to searching the forums. Perhaps it is time to find other options.

John

Most certainly. I have had the same thing happen multiple times--where I *know* there is a thread out there with certain words, and yet no matter what I put in the search function it does not come up.

I have had to start threads over again for information that I *know* is out there, because I couldn't find the threads.

I use google as well to find threads, but I'd prefer to use the search here on the forum.

I'm working on it right now and even switching the type of search that thread still doesn't  show up. Very odd. Something else is definitely going on here.

It seems to me I usually have this problem when searching for very recent threads. I, too, end up going to my browser's search engine.

Well, I'm not having notifications or anything I *know* I recently wrote and responded to show up in notifications or my content.  I feel bad because it makes it look like I'm ignoring people!  I have to google it and hope it comes up. 

Edited by mommymilkies

Along the same lines, why do some threads I either start or participate in just stop showing up in my content?

This happens to many of us.  "My content" from the current day always appears, but any from the day before through about a month in the past don't.  I have to follow any threads I post in to find them again, as "content I follow" works just fine.