Menu

Foerster Alg II before geometry?

Bouncing around ideas......

Background D12 is in 7th grade public school Algebra I  We supplement her PS Algebra I class at home. . She is just now starting back to Foerster Alg I after taking a long break and working through another text (Advanced Math for Young Students: A first course in Algebra).

I am thinking she will finish the Foerster Alg I text by the time 7th grade is over at the latest.

I am thinking of starting Foerster Alg II right after that and taking it very slow. So she could do that over the 8th grade while in geometry and 9th grade while in Alg II. While in 8th grade she would also supplement geometry with something like Keys to Geometry and maybe Great Courses An Interactive Journey to Mastery.

Any ideas??

Thank you

You can't go wrong with Foerster problem sets. Some Algebra 2 topics assume some general Geometry knowledge (for example Trig).

So maybe spread Foerster Alg II over 1.5 years or so as a supplement.

What textbook is being used at the public school for Algebra 1 (just curious)?

You can't go wrong with Foerster problem sets. Some Algebra 2 topics assume some general Geometry knowledge (for example Trig).

So maybe spread Foerster Alg II over 1.5 years or so as a supplement.

What textbook is being used at the public school for Algebra 1 (just curious)?

Texas TEKS Algebra I  McGraw Hill 2016

But she can't bring a text book home. they only have a classroom set. Also they have not used the text so far. Their homework/classroom work is all copies of sheets from different sources.

Texas TEKS Algebra I  McGraw Hill 2016

But she can't bring a text book home. they only have a classroom set. Also they have not used the text so far. Their homework/classroom work is all copies of sheets from different sources.

great and your taxes paid for the newer TEKS version and the teachers don't even use it

• Like 2