Menu

Teaching the Classics in co-op, permissions

Greetings. I see some members have used TTC in a co-op setting. Did you need any special permissions to do this? I have written to the email linked on the website but have not heard back. 

Would you recommend watching the DVDs with the middle school students and then reviewing the books and methods OR just the teacher watching them to learn the method and then teaching it? 

Thanks. Ann. 

The copyright says that teachers must purchase his or her own copy of the workbook. Student-related materials may be copied for classroom use. 

Do you know about the free 6 week class lesson plans on the website?   http://iew.com/sites/default/files/videocourse/fileattachment/TCS_Lesson_Plans.pdf

I watched the dvds with my 9th grade daughter. We did the workbook questions together, and she did the syllabus work linked above on her own. I also applied the methods in book clubs I've lead without the students watching the videos, so I think either way would work. 

The sessions can be quite long, so it might depend on how long your class lasts. 

Thank you for your response. I did hear back from the developer today and no special permissions are needed for our situation so we are excited to start at co-op.

I do have Jill Pike's 6 week TTC syllabus and we plan to modify it since our coop is 10 sessions of 50 mins. We are hoping that once the kids have done this, we can set up an ongoing literature circle and add in other sources such as "figuratively speaking" or Windows to the world in a year or two and round it out.

Thanks.

Anu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2