Menu

What's with the ads?

plansrme

If you know (or don't know but want to know) what a Shakti mat is, could you stop in here, please? UPDATE in OP

I would like to get it, but I am weird and into alternative things like that.

Full disclosure: we have one and a neck roll. We call it "bed of nails" and I'm impish enough to make sure recipients of such a gift knew that. ;)

Here's the combo for not much more than the groupon offer:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N24PK42/ref=twister_B00I3FNAUQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the update! I have now remembered to retrieve the one I bought from it's too-good hiding place. Now the real dilemma begins - give to dh, or just keep for myself?

Oooh. I love my Shakti Mat. I have the green one and the neck roll and they're fantastic. Glad your recipients liked them.

• Like 1

As to your question: anyone who wants to help me feel better is welcome to get me a shakti mat.

Here is my question. How do you use it? Sleep on it? Exercise on it. The link says it's nail-spiked. :scared:

Would it possibly help with hip pain in the morning? Is it like home-administered acupuncture?

To the update: 1 out of 3 is very good! And I am still fascinated by this mat thingy, ever since you posted it. I think I stuck it on my wishlist at Amazon, just so I wouldn't forget about it.

• Like 1

As to your question: anyone who wants to help me feel better is welcome to get me a shakti mat.

Here is my question. How do you use it? Sleep on it? Exercise on it. The link says it's nail-spiked. :scared:

Would it possibly help with hip pain in the morning? Is it like home-administered acupuncture?

You lay on it like a bed of nails.  I got one that has a mat and a pillow with a bag.  I can't wait to try it.  I went to youtube to see how to do it.

Yes, the Hive knows how to sell products! 

My DH has chronic lower leg pain. I haven't really found how to use the mat for lower leg pain, but somehow there is a Shakti mat sitting in my front room, just waiting for me to tell DH that his final Christmas present, an actual bed of nails, has arrived. Should I just have him put his lower legs on the mat? Please help... I'm feeling a bit silly for having purchased this all of the sudden.

• Like 1

Checking in now, even though it is several days after the fact:  I saw this thread a couple of days before Christmas and immediately went to order one for dh.  He started having foot pain about six weeks ago and was excited to try it on his feet.

It works miraculously to alleviate the foot pain, while his feet are on the mat.  When he moves his feet off the mat, they start hurting again.  But it's nice to be pain free when he can be on the mat.  It's kind of freaky that it works that way.

I tried the big mat after he unwrapped it; actually, we all did.  My dd's comment was that it was like lying down on a hairbrush! Ha! It didn't feel right to me (on the floor) until I had pulled me knees up to my chest. My kids tell me that I went to sleep that way, rolled into a ball, a bit like an armadillo on its back.  :laugh:

• Like 1

I bought one for my dh too. My boys love it. He is kinda eh about It. I tried the neck roll and loved it but haven't had a chance to take my shirt off and try it on the back. I did try it over my shirt but I couldn't feel it very well. The boys fight over it while watching a movie. My dh did try it behind him in a lazy boy type chair but I am not sure if that gives the same result as laying on it does.

ETA: he wasn't really reclined so not much contact with it.

Edited by busymama7

I also gave one as a Christmas gift. My dad said, "ow" when he opened it LOL. There was a little paper with information on it that came with the item. It was a mat and neck pillow. I hope he tries it out sometime and likes it.

Does anyone know of a place where I could buy one in-store, rather than online? 

I just saw one in Bed Bath and Beyond today.

• Like 1