Menu

Homeschooling is like marriage I suppose

BlsdMama

You have ups and you  have downs.

But it's gotta be like being married to someone that is both bi-polar and multiple personalities.

I can have THE best day with one kid and the WORST day with another.

Today, stick a fork in me.  I am D.O.N.E.

I am going tea shopping to find myself a beautiful tea tin to turn into a dry erase marker keeper and heaven help the child that touches my dry erase markers.

Truth.

And I'm seriously considering taking every bit of laundry to the laundromat and doing it all at once and having ALL the laundry done at one time for just today.  Until someone pees on a bed through FOUR layers.... Like yesterday.

I adore my kids and I am a committed homeschooler.... And I RARELY have days like this one.  But today I'm such a whine bucket.  :P :D

• Like 18

FWIW, it is clear from your posts that you are a great, committed homeschool mom, whose kids are so lucky to have her! Marriage is nothing compared to the navigating you are doing with your many kids of different ages. 

If I may offer one thing: velcro is your friend. (up high, on the wall, and on markers)

• Like 6

FWIW, it is clear from your posts that you are a great, committed homeschool mom, whose kids are so lucky to have her! Marriage is nothing compared to the navigating you are doing with your many kids of different ages. 

If I may offer one thing: velcro is your friend. (up high, on the wall, and on markers)

LOL... I must be feeling a little burnt out, lol, I automatically thought, "I can't do that to the kids!"  ;)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/76983474853821714/

I've found a solution.  It involves tea shopping.  I think I can handle that. ;)

(And thank you for the encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Most days are good, some are tolerable, but today I'm wiped out!)

• Like 9

Hey, I have days like that and I have only 2, yes just 2 children. And they are teenagers!

I feel nothing but admiration for you when I read your posts.  Seriously, you are awesome.

(But I also can't quite forgive you for your super fabulous fast-food booth tables.  So envious, still.)

• Like 1

I'm having one of those days too. My youngest had an evaluation today for early intervention. I gave my 3rd grader a list of stuff that could be done independently while this was going on. (Stuff like handwriting, spelling, and practicing his Awana verses- stuff that we do every day.) He didn't do it. Not any of it. Then, he was SHOCKED that he had to do it when they left. He lay on the floor screeching that if he had known I was going to make him do it anyway, he would have done it while they were here. Honestly? He honestly thought we were just going to skip doing the stuff we do every freaking day since he skipped it while I was busy with the evaluation?!?! He has now been crying about it for half an hour.

• Like 3

Hey, I have days like that and I have only 2, yes just 2 children. And they are teenagers!

I feel nothing but admiration for you when I read your posts.  Seriously, you are awesome.

(But I also can't quite forgive you for your super fabulous fast-food booth tables.  So envious, still.)

LOL!!!!  You should see them today in all their glory.  I have Barton on one and utter CHAOS on three more................  ;)

I'm having one of those days too. My youngest had an evaluation today for early intervention. I gave my 3rd grader a list of stuff that could be done independently while this was going on. (Stuff like handwriting, spelling, and practicing his Awana verses- stuff that we do every day.) He didn't do it. Not any of it. Then, he was SHOCKED that he had to do it when they left. He lay on the floor screeching that if he had known I was going to make him do it anyway, he would have done it while they were here. Honestly? He honestly thought we were just going to skip doing the stuff we do every freaking day since he skipped it while I was busy with the evaluation?!?! He has now been crying about it for half an hour.

There have been a number of days like that in our past. Finally, now that my youngest is in 5th grade, he's caught on that the work he chooses to ignore in the morning still has to get done in the evening. It only took him 5 years to figure it out. ;)

• Like 3

There have been a number of days like that in our past. Finally, now that my youngest is in 5th grade, he's caught on that the work he chooses to ignore in the morning still has to get done in the evening. It only took him 5 years to figure it out. ;)

Bwaa ha ha - so you're saying that ten years after our last child this is a piece of cake? ;)  Good!  Menopause should hit around what?  Like 48?  So that's only another twenty years.  Tying a knot and holding on.....   :scared:  :cheers2:

Thank God I've had enough good days and bad ones to know they generally follow one another.

And now, ladies, it's naptime.  I am going to eat DD's fresh homemade bread (love THAT KID TODAY) and probably make more coffee though I've sworn off more than one cup, snuggle up with Catie Bug and either read my Bible or take a nap.  Either way I'll feel better.  The college student has NO plans for the evening which means that we will get to tuck some littles in bed tonight and spend a bit of time catching up.  I miss her terribly!

Ya'all are invited for hot bread and coffee.  Just sayin'.

• Like 1

My kids us to do this weird thing where only one misbehaved at a time. If one was having a meltdown, the other was an angel. I don't know if they were trying to make themselves look awesome by comparison or if they had this sense that I was at my limit dealing with her sister. They are much more willing to give me problems at the same time these days. I miss the taking turns.

• Like 3

My kids us to do this weird thing where only one misbehaved at a time. If one was having a meltdown, the other was an angel. I don't know if they were trying to make themselves look awesome by comparison or if they had this sense that I was at my limit dealing with her sister. They are much more willing to give me problems at the same time these days. I miss the taking turns.

Mine have each performed both roles today. I lost it at the second incarnation of devil child, because I was so worn down by the first. I'd literally just congratulated myself on holding it together when the second one started. I'm trying to homeschool and do grad school, and it felt like they were both coming at the thread I'm hanging on by with dull scissors.

So, totally with you, OP. I don't have as many kids, but I'm in graduate school for math and also teaching at the university. Add in studying for comps, and I'm kind of a mess.

Today was one of those days for me.  But my public school son was the icing on the cake with his attitude today.  But as far as the homeschool day, it's just disheartening to try and read a book and hear each time how much it is hated, how bad the book is.  Then to try to have a discussion around the book--ugh, just not fun!  I was thinking that I might go out a bit early just to do some retail therapy.