Menu

On the old boards there was a lot of discussion about "Curly Girls"

While I wasn't part of the previous discussion I am a Curly Girl. The challenge with shampoo is that it dries out curly hair even more. Using conditioner in place of shampoo add much neede moisiture to a curly head. I loaned my book out and haven't seen it since so maybe another curly girl can bounce in here and share some of the more techincal details.

I quit shampooing over a year ago and use conditioner only. It has made a huge difference in my hair. My hair is less frizzy, less dull, and bouncier. I would never go back to daily shampoo.

While I wasn't part of the previous discussion I am a Curly Girl. The challenge with shampoo is that it dries out curly hair even more. Using conditioner in place of shampoo add much neede moisiture to a curly head. I loaned my book out and haven't seen it since so maybe another curly girl can bounce in here and share some of the more techincal details.

I quit shampooing over a year ago and use conditioner only. It has made a huge difference in my hair. My hair is less frizzy, less dull, and bouncier. I would never go back to daily shampoo.

Which conditioner has worked well for you?

I use shampoo and conditioner, but usually ones specifically made for curly hair.

The best tips I got from the book are to blot my hair dry, not wrap it up turban-style in a towel, to use clips to hold up the top layers while they are drying, to only blow dry with a diffusor, and to touch/handle my hair as little as possible.

Michelle T

I have blonde curly hair....and i only shampoo once a week....other times in the shower i just do conditioner. But, OMyGOODNESs...if I never shampooed and only ever did conditioner it would look so oily, I guess brunettes dont have this problem because your hair doesnt look bad "oily" (it just looks more shinier) but, mine (when oily) looks dark and dirty. How do blondes never use shampoo?

I'm a kinda wavy girl and my dd is a blonde straight hair girl. We both quit using shampoo last month and will never go back. I scrub my scalp with conditioner and put lots of conditioner on my hair and it only gets oily if I skip more than one day. My dd swims every day and the shampoo was drying her hair too much. Now she is able to comb her hair easily and it doesn't smell like chlorine. Conditioner works so much better than shampoo.