Menu

List view of 2016 Acceptances - copy and paste, and add your student here so we can celebrate!!!

FaithManor

My ds got his admission (and top merit scholarship) notification from Birmingham-Southern College today.  This school was late to hit our radar but has emerged as a favorite so this is exciting news.  The scholarship puts the cost in line with our state U (with his scholarships) so it looks doable.  Will still wait for others to come in but this is good  :001_smile:

The official early action notification date isn't until Dec 15.  So it was a nice surprise.  We weren't even watching for it yet.  

• Like 17

Auburn University - dd of Teacher mom (Scholarship)

Cedarville University - ds of JanOH
Colorado State - dd of Teacher Mom (Scholarship)

Indiana University, Jacobs School of Music - ds of Littlemommy
Iowa State University - dd of Skateleft
King's College - dd of Kim in SouthGA- presidential & leadership scholarships
Lees-McRae College of Performing Arts - dd of Michelle_NC - scholarships

Loyola University - dd of Katilac

Mercer University- dd of Kim in SouthGa -merit scholarship
Middle Tennessee State University - ds of Teacher mom 2834 
Northern Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor, scholarship

Samford University - dd of Kim in SouthGa
Spring Hill College- ds of Teachermom 2834, dd of Katilac - scholarship
Texas A & M - dd of Teacher mom (honors college)
University of Alabama - 
 dd of Katilac -scholarship, dd of Teacher Mom (scholarships, honor college, offer of University Fellows)

University of Alabama Huntsville - dd of Katilac - scholarship

University of Georgia - dd of Teacher Mom (scholarships)
University of Kentucky - ds of mjbucks1 - honors program
University of Michigan - ds of Faithmanor - honors
University of Tampa - dd of Melissa B - scholarship
University of Tennessee - ds of Teachermom2834
Virginia Tech - dd of MysteryJen

University of New Haven - ds of ValRN - presidential scholarship (several applications pending)
Western Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor
West Virginia State University - dd of Heather in VA - Honors college, scholarship

Universität von Bayreuth - Germany   ds of rdj2027         

• Like 6

I'm sorry! I don't understand how to add my dd's acceptances so I'll just put them here. She was accepted to both schools she applied to.

Kennesaw State University

University of Georgia

Will there be a separate thread saying where our kids are going? My dd has chosen her top pick, UGA.

• Like 17

The list has been updated! Congrats Night Elf and TheApprentice!

I think that we will start a new thread for where the students choose to land for early nect spring since a lot of students won't make that choice until after FASFA season so it might not get updated often enough now to keep it on the first page.

Son of MorningGlory has been accepted to the University of Memphis and Union University. 

He only applied to these two schools, so he doesn't have to wait for any more acceptance letters. WooHoo! He will not make his decision until after he receives the results of a scholarship competition weekend in February. 

Thank you, FaithManor, for maintaining this list for our class of 2016!!

• Like 18

My ds has his second university acceptance!!!  It's conditional upon the school receiving his SAT scores (frustrating glitch we are working through - LOVED talking with the College Board rep. - NOT), but it's for the BSc program in Mathematics!!  I think we'll find out about scholarships after the SAT score thing is settled.  This is so exciting to be seeing all this happen finally!

Congrats to the new acceptances! The list has been updated.

Hi Faith, I think you missed my post.  :)

Daughter of hopskipjump has two acceptances so far:

University of Central Florida (Knight's Achievement OOS scholarship, applying to Burnett Honors College)

University of Alabama (Presidential scholarship, applying to Honors College and University Fellows Experience)

She's applying/applied to 6 additional universities, so more waiting is ahead. :lurk5:

• Like 14

Two more acceptances for dd today-

Sweet Briar College with Merit Scholarship and Honors Program

Washington College with Merit Scholarship

and I think her acceptance to Purdue University also needs to be added to the list.

There are moments where this is suddenly all to real-exciting but real.

**Edited to add scholarship info.

***Edited again to add Honors Program

Edited by JumpedIntoTheDeepEndFirst
  • Like 16

It was a fluke that we found out so early. DD, an alumni, was mentioning to a friend from college who works at U of MI that her brother had applied there. The friend went and sneaked a peak at his file and found he was accepted. The letter is not in hand. We expect it to go out when the others do around the first of December.

No one else around here knows. I posted due to the relative anonymity here, but don't want to say anything locally and end up with friend in trouble. It was nice to know though!

Oh my gosh! How lucky you are to know already. Congratulations to you both.

DS applied to U of MI and is anxiously awaiting a decision. It's his first choice school (but may not be possible due to out of state tuition). He spent two weeks this summer in their SCEEP (engineering) program and was sold.

Oh my gosh! How lucky you are to know already. Congratulations to you both.

DS applied to U of MI and is anxiously awaiting a decision. It's his first choice school (but may not be possible due to out of state tuition). He spent two weeks this summer in their SCEEP (engineering) program and was sold.

Val, hold on. Normally we would not have known that early. It just happened that dd, an alum, was talking with another alum - a friend of hers - who has connections and someone took a peak at her brother's file before letters went out. Even my parents do not know. It has only been mentioned here because of the relative anonymity. I was so excited, I didn't think about the fact that posting early might cause other parents to have some anxiety while waiting. I am very sorry about that.

It is a great school. I really hope your ds gets good news.

• Like 2

Val, hold on. Normally we would not have known that early. It just happened that dd, an alum, was talking with another alum - a friend of hers - who has connections and someone took a peak at her brother's file before letters went out. Even my parents do not know. It has only been mentioned here because of the relative anonymity. I was so excited, I didn't think about the fact that posting early might cause other parents to have some anxiety while waiting. I am very sorry about that.

It is a great school. I really hope your ds gets good news.

Faithmanor, I understand how the stars aligned for you and ds to find out early. No anxiety here (I'm not sure I want my skinny, zero percent body fat, little ds in such a cold state). I was just commenting on your blessing. :laugh: I promise; your secret is safe with me.

• Like 2

Faithmanor, I understand how the stars aligned for you and ds to find out early. No anxiety here (I'm not sure I want my skinny, zero percent body fat, little ds in such a cold state). I was just commenting on your blessing. :laugh: I promise; your secret is safe with me.

Oh good! I really, really hope you hear good news soon!

:hurray:

Willamette University with scholarship 

(and an awesome letter about his essay!)

Oglethorpe University (no info on money yet)

Still waiting on the biggies (but he is thrilled right now about Willamette!)

Edited by Joules
  • Like 16

Willamette University with scholarship 

(and an awesome letter about his essay!)

A friend's daughter is in her senior year there and has loved her time.  (She attended a public school during high school but had been homeschooled in her earlier years.)

My daughter, husband, and I visited Willamette on an accepted student day, and we were all impressed.  (My daughter ended up attending a different college.)

Congratulations to your son.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

A friend's daughter is in her senior year there and has loved her time.  (She attended a public school during high school but had been homeschooled in her earlier years.)

My daughter, husband, and I visited Willamette on an accepted student day, and we were all impressed.  (My daughter ended up attending a different college.)

Congratulations to your son.

Regards,

Kareni

Thanks, we visited last year and really loved it.  Even with the scholarship I don't know that it is possible, but we'll see.  Their acceptance letter was awesome and made ds feel really good.  Last night was a happy night!

• Like 7

Got the first acceptance in yesterday.  Came in via email.  The response was pretty much a great big smile from my no visible emotion kid. 

This was from a school that was pretty high up on his list, has family nearby so that he could visit for holidays or get visits for big events, and lines up with his academic and career goals very nicely.

I'm so thrilled that this was a yes.  It's funny the denouement.  Overnight I'm hopeful that he will get other positive responses, rather than despairing that everyone will say no.  So much now seems possible rather than a huge hurdle.  What a relief.

I have permission to share, but will hold the college name until we get a chance to tell more of the family.

• Like 20

Auburn University - dd of Teacher mom (Scholarship)

Cedarville University - ds of JanOH
Colorado State - dd of Teacher Mom (Scholarship)

Cornell University -dd of Teacher Mom

Indiana University, Jacobs School of Music - ds of Littlemommy
Iowa State University - dd of Skateleft
King's College - dd of Kim in SouthGA- presidential & leadership scholarships
Lees-McRae College of Performing Arts - dd of Michelle_NC - scholarships

Loyola University - dd of Katilac

Mercer University- dd of Kim in SouthGa -merit scholarship
Middle Tennessee State University - ds of Teacher mom 2834 
Northern Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor, scholarship

Samford University - dd of Kim in SouthGa
Spring Hill College- ds of Teachermom 2834, dd of Katilac - scholarship
Texas A & M - dd of Teacher mom (honors college)
University of Alabama - 
 dd of Katilac -scholarship, dd of Teacher Mom (scholarships, honor college, offer of University Fellows)

University of Alabama Huntsville - dd of Katilac - scholarship

University of Georgia - dd of Teacher Mom (scholarships)
University of Kentucky - ds of mjbucks1 - honors program
University of Michigan - ds of Faithmanor - honors
University of Tampa - dd of Melissa B - scholarship
University of Tennessee - ds of Teachermom2834

Virginia Commonwealth -dd of Teacher Mom
Virginia Tech - dd of MysteryJen

University of New Haven - ds of ValRN - presidential scholarship (several applications pending)
Western Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor
West Virginia State University - dd of Heather in VA - Honors college, scholarship

Universität von Bayreuth - Germany   ds of rdj2027         

Ladies and Gents, it is over! The reach school is in. My daughter is going to Cornell University, Class of 2020.

Thank you all for the laughter, the understanding, the kick-in-the butt when I wanted to take the easy way. You all stood with me today when she got the decision, just as you had when I thought she would never finish learning her time tables. Thank you is just so inadequate---- so I bow deeply to all of you, past members and present. 

Remember, always remember, enjoy the ride.
  • Like 25

Dd in ps (do I get to list her here? She was homeschooled through 8th... :) ) got her first acceptance to UMass Lowell. Don't know about scholarships yet... that was her safety, and the only one she applied to EA, so the other schools haven't even been applied to yet!

ETA: They did tell her, though, that she did get into the Honors College. :)

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 15

Dd got her acceptance to Missouri Western State University today.

It took a lot longer than it should have because they lost her ACT scores. I had to contact the ACT board and get the date and batch number when they were sent. Once they found them (over a month after they arrived  :glare: ) she had her acceptance in 48 hours.

She will get a guaranteed merit scholarship based on her stats.

• Like 15

Ladies and Gents, it is over! The reach school is in. My daughter is going to Cornell University, Class of 2020.

Thank you all for the laughter, the understanding, the kick-in-the butt when I wanted to take the easy way. You all stood with me today when she got the decision, just as you had when I thought she would never finish learning her time tables. Thank you is just so inadequate---- so I bow deeply to all of you, past members and present. 

Remember, always remember, enjoy the ride.

Woot! Go Big Red!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

Congratulations to all of those who have received happy news.  I'm celebrating with you.

My sympathies to those who have been disappointed.  I hope that happy news is in the future.

And, my thoughts are with those who wait.  I remember it was an awfully long time until April when we were waiting.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 7