Menu

What are some meals I could easily make ahead and freeze?

I think the idea to take frozen dinners to my sister after she has her baby is an excellent one. We actually stocked up our freezer with quality frozen meals from a delivery service right before the birth of our second child, and it was so nice to just have to preheat the oven and bake whatever we chose from the freezer for dinner that night. I'm thinking that Ree's lasagna would be one good choice, but I can't think of anything else. Any ideas? Thanks:)

I have done things like lasagna, enchilada,chicken tenders, spaghetti sauces and stews. I also do the things like take all the things for a pot roast (meat, onions, carrots) cut it up and vacuum seal it so that it can be dumped in the crock and forgotten for the day. I also have done roasting chickens for my parents by getting them fresh and making the seasoned butter and getting stuck under the skin before I vacuum seal it and freeze it for them. Just about any meal not including a salad or something will work this way.

Melissa

Check out 30DayGourmet or any of the recipes of Recipezaar that are listed as OAMC (once a month cooking--look under the preparation tab, then OAMC). You'll get a good idea from those websites about what freezes well.

You can also freeze coffeecakes (raw or baked), muffins, quick breads, snack mixes and fruit slushies if you want to expand your offering a bit.

That said, here is some of what I freeze:

Baked Praline French Toast

Baked Ziti with Ricotta

Beef Stroganoff (sauce, not the pasta)

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Vegetable Beef Soup

Chicken Fingers

Chicken and Rice Casserole

Beef Tamale Pie

Chicken Divan

Cheesy Ham 'N Rice Soup

Pulled Pork Chili

Italian Stuffed Meatloaf

Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes

Pulled meat for tacos

Enchiladas

Creamy Shrimp with Roasted Red Peppers

BBQ Meat for sandwiches

Stuffed Shells

Spinach Mushroom Beef Patties (raw--cook after freezing)

Stuffed Chicken

Breakfast Sandwiches