Menu

Yet another question about rep

keroro

I understand, thanks to the helpful members here, that when someone leaves you positive rep and they don't yet have 50 rep points it shows as a neutral rep. My question is this: When they do finally get 50 rep points do the neutral reps they left for people turn into positive reps?

Someone here said they had seen that happen, but I haven't. It doesn't seem like it would be any different than if I repped you now, and then two days later I earned a new square. Where would it end? The rep I gave back when I was only worth one point would have increased dramatically over the last couple of months. So I can't see how it would be retroactive like that. I'd like to experiment on it. Maybe have someone with 49 posts rep me then make their 50th post right away, so that it was still on my CP, and see if it turns green and if it becomes worth a point. It's a curiosity, for sure.

Someone here said they had seen that happen, but I haven't. It doesn't seem like it would be any different than if I repped you now, and then two days later I earned a new square. Where would it end? The rep I gave back when I was only worth one point would have increased dramatically over the last couple of months. So I can't see how it would be retroactive like that. I'd like to experiment on it. Maybe have someone with 49 posts rep me then make their 50th post right away, so that it was still on my CP, and see if it turns green and if it becomes worth a point. It's a curiosity, for sure.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and for supplying some additional food for thought. :001_smile: I think you are probably correct that it can't be retroactive.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Genie is right. I have had people who have repped me with less than 50 posts and they always stay blue.