Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eagle

Would you eat this? UPDATE in post 47

Yes, I would. Yes, I have.

Round worms are in pretty much all cod at some point.

I would not consume it raw or kippered or as ceviche. But cooked well done? Sure.

I assure you that most fish and chips made with cod had worms in it at some point before you ate it.

Freezing kills both the worms and the eggs. Cooking to well done or frying it kills them as well.

My Alaska-born, commercial fishing DH educated me about cod early in our relationship. He claims the flavor of cod *is* the worms ;). He doesn't eat fish and chips, though I still do.

Sorry, hope I didn't offend!  We lived in Irbid.   And it definitely didn't happn all the time!  But it happened enough that it didn't bother me anymore.

No offense, but dang, that is not good!  I've never seen worms, but I guess we never know exactly what's in our food anywhere we go. I did catch some type of amoeba when visiting Egypt once. 

Sorry, hope I didn't offend!  We lived in Irbid.   And it definitely didn't happn all the time!  But it happened enough that it didn't bother me anymore.

Irbid!  I've been there. :)

It's my understanding that cod sushi generally is made from previously frozen cod.

Why anyone would want cod sushi, as it can't really taste like much, I have no earthly idea. There are way more flavorful fish out there for sushi.

Cod is not the only fish that has worms in it, is the problem.

No offense, but dang, that is not good!  I've never seen worms, but I guess we never know exactly what's in our food anywhere we go. I did catch some type of amoeba when visiting Egypt once. 

Actually, my husband did too when we spent a summer in Cairo!