Menu

Looking for a book title...

wehave8

Years ago I had a book that listed books by time period, author, and title...I think.  It was similar to Turning Back the Pages of Time, but it was not just American history.  It was from beginning til now.  I can't believe my poor memory.  Not only can't I remember the title, I can't remember where it is!  :(

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Pam

Hmm... I remember owning a book like that.  It had a comb binding and was definitely older than the current edition of All Through the Ages.  I can't remember the name and I'm not sure I still have it but will go look, and will update if I find it. 

ETA: I found it.

Reading Through the Ages: Reading Selections 4000 BC - Present by Linda Thornhill & Sally Barnard, published by Trisms.  The cover has a shield design with a knight's helmet at the top of the shield.  Copyright dates are 1995, 1997, 2006 (mine is the 2006 edition).

Inside, the listing information includes adult/YA/junior/easy, the number of pages, author, title, publisher & copyright date, and a brief description of a few words to one sentence about each book.  The books are sorted out by time periods. 

Hmm... I remember owning a book like that.  It had a comb binding and was definitely older than the current edition of All Through the Ages.  I can't remember the name and I'm not sure I still have it but will go look, and will update if I find it. 

ETA: I found it.

Reading Through the Ages: Reading Selections 4000 BC - Present by Linda Thornhill & Sally Barnard, published by Trisms.  The cover has a shield design with a knight's helmet at the top of the shield.  Copyright dates are 1995, 1997, 2006 (mine is the 2006 edition).

Inside, the listing information includes adult/YA/junior/easy, the number of pages, author, title, publisher & copyright date, and a brief description of a few words to one sentence about each book.  The books are sorted out by time periods. 

That's not it.  The pages are set up differently, but it looks like the actual content is similar.

Mine was plain, manila color, regular book type/paperback binding, not comb bound.

Thanks, though.  I like the one you found.  I found a pdf of the Trisms book listing books from 500 B.C. to 2005!

• 3 years later...
On 10/10/2015 at 10:39 PM, TrixieB said:

On 10/11/2015 at 10:07 PM, wehave8 said:

I found a pdf of the Trisms book listing books from 500 B.C. to 2005!

I know these were old posts, but can either of you share a link to the PDF of Reading Through the Ages (2006)?

2 hours ago, ereks mom said:

I know these were old posts, but can either of you share a link to the PDF of Reading Through the Ages (2006)?

Sorry - my book, which I no longer have, was paper.  I didn't know there was a PDF of the book.