Menu

Electric kettle

Beaniemom

Can I just say that whichever you go with it it totally worth upgrading to a programmable one. I am old enough that waking up to water boiled at just the right temperature for tea in the morning is one of the best things about my day right now:)

I had no idea that such an appliance even existed.  You may just have changed my life.

• Like 5

Mine is 5 L and made by sunpentown.  Best 70$ ever spent.  We have had it for at least 7 years or so and love it.  It is self cleaning, has 4 temps and is a coffee and tea lovers dream.

"Electric kettles", huh? All these descriptions of appliances for tea sure sound different when read with another slant in mind.

:lol: :lol:

Even so, I would bet on Zojirushi!!! LOL

I have a red Hamilton Beach that is shaped like the one umsami posted and it's a real workhorse. I've had stainless ones in the past and don't like how hot the outside gets. If you live in a hard water area like we do, I suggest only boiling enough water for what you need at the time , since they are so fast,  and leaving the lid open to let it dry out after use. Don't leave any water sitting in it when not in use. This has kept my kettle free of mineral buildup for a very long time.

I love these kettles though. A friend first got me one about 8 years ago after I burned up my third kettle on the stove :) I was so bad about putting it on, then getting busy and forgetting it.