Menu

Online lessons for 5th graders

provenance61

A friend of mine just started homeschooling her 5th grade daughter.  She's looking for online lessons.  Her daughter prefers doing work online rather than paper and pencil worksheets.  Something that will have her answer questions and fill in blanks, etc., and then let her know how she is doing.  She likes Khan Academy -- but she's looking for more like that in different subject areas, particularly reading.  Also -- she's going away for a short period and plans to have her daughter work online for short periods while she's away.

Any suggestions?

I believe they have a paid and a free version. I'm currently signed up for the free version. Admittedly, I haven't used it for many subjects; but I have yet to find a need to upgrade to the paid version ;)

Edited to add: looks like the $99/yr would be if you opted for the teacher license.

Homeschool Buyers Co-op has some group buys-check there if you're interested in something before paying full price.

The World Education games are coming up fairly soon, and usually there is online practice available in advance using IntoScience, Spellodrome and Mathletics (and normally a good deal for subscribing for participants after the games).