Menu

Gifts for the early teen years?

dancingmama

If they like to cook, maybe a gadget. Currently, one of mine is enjoying a veggie spiral. It makes 'pasta' out of squashes. Works qurite well. Or ceramic knife, pizza stone, immersion blender? Cookbook/s

Water colors, watercolor paper

Book about Origami w/ origami paper

Dr Who Lego! Star Wars Lego

Jurassic World DVD

Good, but not outrageously expensive camera ( that's not a phone lol)

Electric toothbrush

Tickets to something local ( play, musical,concert)

A winter night at a hotel with a pool ( Guess that is fairly $, but maybe there are deals somewhere)

Trip to nearest city for an afternoon of poking around a museum or aquarium, history trail

• Like 1

Some fun games that are also slyly educational ~

Quarto

Iota

SET

Bananagrams  (Also Bananagrams has versions available for different language such as Spanish, French, Hebrew ...)

And books!

Do your children have a special interest?  Take a look at what magazines might be available.  You could give one edition as a gift with the idea of giving a subscription for a future gift giving occasion.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

Loving all these ideas! Movie tickets are a must. We will go see Star Wars on Xmas day. It's a tradition! I've been considering a tool bench/work area for the boy. I think he'd like that. Books are a must. The get at least 10 books but I think we will also do magazines. I'm eyeing Make Magazine for one. Probably Nat Geo for the other or a science mag perhaps. I'd get the boy another monopoly game but I think we have 12. I am all Monopolied out. How he loves those. I'll have to look at the other games. The boy will ask for Steam card I'm sure. He plays on There quite a bit.

As far as interests, both are into math and science. Girl likes blowing things up, playing outside and dance. Boy likes planes, electronics and sports/physical activity. Both are into books. Girl into fiction, boy non-fiction.

• Like 1

DD15 wanted mostly sports goodies at that age:

1. Foot stretcher

2. Custom tap shoes

3. Dance intensive trips

4. Music

She is also a video streamer and has bought or been given:

4. Video games

5. Microphone

6. Green screen

7. Video camera

8. Various hardware with blue tooth capability

9. Super fast internet. 300/300.

Then, there is always that old standby: Legos and clothes.

HTH

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a whole series of books called Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction. They use household stuff/office supplies to build little contraptions. That's kind of science-y.... physics maybe? :001_smile:

I've been eyeballing those and the duct tape medieval weapons instruction guides. LOL

There's a whole series of books called Mini Weapons of Mass Destruction.  They use household stuff/office supplies to build little contraptions.  That's kind of science-y.... physics maybe?   :001_smile:

Thanks--just ordered this thanks to your post!  Got a birthday coming up. 

• Like 1