Menu

student book for fix it?

MooCow

If you were feeling especially cheapcheapcheap, you could make it work without. You would need to write the sentence out on a separate piece of paper for your student to correct as the Teacher's Manual just shows the corrected version.  We didn't use the grammar cards, etc that were included in the student manual.

But, if you buy Fix-It directly from IEW, you do get the student book as a download. You still have to print it though.  ;)

• Like 1

It does help to be able to print out the student pages without the corrections.  Saves a TON of time.  I print out the pages and put them in DDs notebook.  She has dividers for the instructions and uncorrected pages, the corrected pages, the copy work area and the definitions.  She also copies a second time in cursive (her choice).  Printing out the pages gives me the opportunity to print out those sentences a second time as well so if she struggles with something we can do it again after reviewing in more depth.  

As mentioned up thread, the TM only has the corrected version so you would have to do the copying or type out the sentences yourself.  Then after she had corrected the sentence she would copy the corrected sentence into her notebook.

I don't know how much you save ordering from a source other than IEW but if you HAVE to pay for both when ordering from anther source and you don't have the option of the free download for the student book if you just order the TM I would encourage you to purchase the TM from IEW instead so you can just print out the pages as needed.  Much more effective all the way around.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I ordered the TE (two different levels) from Rainbow Resource and was able to download the student guides for free.   I don't think it matters where you order it from - the download instructions are on the first page of the spiral-bound TE .

Unless someone else has experienced it differently?

• Like 1