Menu

Jacobs Algebra I and Dr. Callahan

So, my oldest ds used Dr. Callahan's plans for Jacob's Algebra last year.  The one thing we didn't like is that the tests covered 3 chapters at a time.  I really like to give test chapter by chapter.  My dd is now taking this course this year and I'd like to have different tests for her.  Is anyone aware of tests someone has made for Jacobs that is chapter by chapter?

Test Masters for Elementary Algebra Love this so much. Four tests for each chapter, a midterm, and a final. Plus a section on supplementary word problems and extra exercises in the back. Ignore the page count for this listing. It is more than 37 pages. When you flip to the back, 37 is the last page number you see, but that is only the last page of answers. The tests themselves do not have page numbers, just a test label. 

• Like 1

Test Masters for Elementary Algebra Love this so much. Four tests for each chapter, a midterm, and a final. Plus a section on supplementary word problems and extra exercises in the back. Ignore the page count for this listing. It is more than 37 pages. When you flip to the back, 37 is the last page number you see, but that is only the last page of answers. The tests themselves do not have page numbers, just a test label. 

Thank you for this!  I had seen this, but couldn't see much of what is in it and the description doesn't say a lot.  Helps to hear from someone who has it!  Does it have fully worked answers?  

From what I remember, no solutions, just answers (just like the Jacobs teacher's guide).  To do the grading, I made a first pass to see if my son had the right answers.  If he also showed his work, he would get full credit.  Then I would work the problems he got wrong myself and give partial credit based on the type of mistake he had made.

• Like 2

So, my oldest ds used Dr. Callahan's plans for Jacob's Algebra last year.  The one thing we didn't like is that the tests covered 3 chapters at a time.  I really like to give test chapter by chapter.  My dd is now taking this course this year and I'd like to have different tests for her.  Is anyone aware of tests someone has made for Jacobs that is chapter by chapter?

If the tests don't have to be specifically made for Jacobs, you might consider picking up an inexpensive copy of Lial's Beginning Algebra and using those Chapter Reviews and Chapter Tests.  As I recall, both have answers (not solutions) in the back of the book.

Regards,

Kareni