Menu

Please help my son and take this two minute survey eta: he got the sample size he needed! Thank you!

MSNative

Hi, my son needs to get more data for a project he is doing. He sent out a lot of requests and followed up but he still hasn't heard back from a lot of people and needs to submit the data tomorrow. Would you mind taking this fast survey, pretty pretty please? Thank you!

ETA: yes I know the questions are not really yes and no. We have talked about it. He was not able to write the questions. He was given them and recognizes how ambiguous they are.

Pleaae provide your age, gender, and religious belief (if any). Then, answer the first five questions with either a yes or no. You may give a brief answer (not yes or no) to the sixth question. Below are the questions:

1. Do you believe that the government should be responsible for fixing the rising cost of healthcare?

2. Do you believe that the government has the responsibility to pay for all 18-24 year old American citizens to receive a college education?

3. Do you believe the war in Iraq was justified?

4. Do you believe that the welfare system is a good idea?

5. Do you believe illegal immigrants should be allowed amnesty in the US?

6. What do you believe is the biggest issue our government faces today?

• Like 1

Hi, my son needs to get more data for a project he is doing. He sent out a lot of requests and followed up but he still hasn't heard back from a lot of people and needs to submit the data tomorrow. Would you mind taking this fast survey, pretty pretty please? Thank you!

ETA: yes I know the questions are not really yes and no. We have talked about it. He was not able to write the questions. He was given them and recognizes how ambiguous they are.

Pleaae provide your age, gender, and religious belief (if any). Then, answer the first five questions with either a yes or no. You may give a brief answer (not yes or no) to the sixth question. Below are the questions:

1. Do you believe that the government should be responsible for fixing the rising cost of healthcare?

2. Do you believe that the government has the responsibility to pay for all 18-24 year old American citizens to receive a college education?

Whomever's in charge is just plain mean.  I can't complete this survey as presented. Sorry.

• Like 1

Age 51; gender - female, non-religious

Yes, quite obviously this has been successfully done in many other countries. I am not so cynical that I believe Americans to be so uniquely stupid that we cannot do likewise.

No, but it would be in the best interest of the country to do so.

No!

Yes! Anyone who doesn't lacks both compassion and imagination. Any of us who possess less than multimillionaires could find ourselves in need of assistance. Anyone could have a child who is mentally incapable of caring for themselves.

No.

Long term it is the rise of the robotic workforce. Many, if not most, workers will be displaced. We will need to completely re-think our economy, re-think capitalism. People will need to acquire their sense of self worth through something other than working.
  • Like 3

Hi! Thank you everyone who has responded - either in a post or via pm. If you are not comfortable answering in a public forum, I wouldlove to get a pm from you with the answers.

For everyone stating the answers aren't yes and no, he and I agree. In fact, he is actually writing a document detailing hwo the questions are wrong. Not sure if he will do anything with it but it is cathartic. I'm hoping the poor wording is part of the learning process. ;)

In fact, he is actually writing a document detailing how the questions are wrong. Not sure if he will do anything with it but it is cathartic. I'm hoping the poor wording is part of the learning process. ;)

The questions (1) to (5) can be use as argumentative essays questions for a high school exit exam.  Or use for debate competitions even though finding judges who can stay unbiased would be hard.  (1) and (4) is actually hot button topics in my own country's election campaign which is happening now.

• Like 2

with the caveat that I acknowledge the questions are more complex than yes/no - I will do my best

55, female, Christian

1 - Yes

2 - No  but they should

3 - No

4 - Yes

5 - Yes with qualifications

6 - income inequality, lack of manufacturing base

hope that helps :)  

• Like 1