Menu

Something like Liberty Kids for Ancient/ World history???

scrapper4life

Horrible Histories! The one with real people. It's streaming on Hulu right now. My kids LOVE Horrible Histories!

I have to admit the title of this series has always turned me completely off. Why is it called Horrible Histories? Does it focus on something other than just plain old history? What is Horrible about it??

This is different from liberty's kids, and better for the upper end of your age range... however, I got a kick out of some of the extra history videos. For some reason I find seconds 1:10-1:13 in this one hilarious.... I am easily amused I guess.

Definitely screen these first though, some are not appropriate for certain ages.

• Like 1

We didn't like Liberty Kids or Horrible Histories so you might not like my ideas.

We love Crash Course history but the only thing similar is that it's cartoonish.

There are several Journals Through History that we watched on Discovery Education. You can try searching to see if they are available elsewhere. Main character is a child from the ancient culture doing some sort of writing explaining their culture's history. More interesting than it sounds but no drama.

I have to admit the title of this series has always turned me completely off. Why is it called Horrible Histories? Does it focus on something other than just plain old history? What is Horrible about it??

It deals with the weird, strange, gross, odd things from history, but my kids (and me too!) have learned lots of history watching the show. We watch it for fun around here. I'd at least give it a shot.

Oooh, looks like Amazon will have it available in DVD format in two days. Stuck that puppy in my cart. Hope it goes down a bit, but considering how hard it is to find resources for ancients, I'll pay the $20, if I have to. Hope they produce more seasons.

www.hulu.com/kids-animated-history-with-pipo

We enjoyed this series.