Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlmiraGulch

Someone PLEASE tell me what to make for dinner tonight

I'm begging you.

We know we don't want:

Pasta of any kind

Sandwiches (we want a warm, hearty meal)

Main dish salad

Crock-pot stuff (and it's kind of late in the day for that anyway)

No one is craving anything in particular, and we don't want to eat out (or carry home).  We all want a home cooked meal.

What are YOU having?  If it's a good recipe, please share or link.  I have to go to the store to get whatever it is anyway, because I'm pretty much out of food.  

Lazy General Tso's CHicken.

Cook your rice separately, and any veggies/stir fry if you wish.

Buy a bottle of General Tso sauce, and dump it on some boneless chicken and bake until done.

My family actually likes this better than take-out.

Today at my house:  bean and cheese burritos, with chips, salsa, and sour cream (guac would have been nice...), sliced cukes from the garden to nibble.  Iced tea to wash it down. 

Stir-fry with rice. That way it doesn't matter what veggies or what meat you have on hand. Some soy sauce, some garlic and some ginger and you are good to go. 

Um. There are some potatoes in the house and I have a pot so we might make mashed potatoes. I have a cast iron skillet and I might make rolls in it since I have flour and butter and milk. I could make gravy since that's pretty basic and there's a small pot. I think the only meat in the house, or something like meat, is pepperoni. Maybe I'll add it to the mashed potatoes? That sounds yummy. I think there are some vegetables in the fridge. If I wanted to pretend that dinner ought to be healthy, I'd do something with them.

If I could cook something real, I'd make some sort of Asian noodle dish with chicken or pork and a couple of easy vegetable sides like a green mango salad and a long bean salad. Or I'd make mohinga. Or I'd make plov with a tomato cucumber salad and a carrot salad. Or some savory sautéed greens with basmati and fish cooked with turmeric coconut sauce.

Um. There are some potatoes in the house and I have a pot so we might make mashed potatoes. I have a cast iron skillet and I might make rolls in it since I have flour and butter and milk. I could make gravy since that's pretty basic and there's a small pot. I think the only meat in the house, or something like meat, is pepperoni. Maybe I'll add it to the mashed potatoes? That sounds yummy. I think there are some vegetables in the fridge. If I wanted to pretend that dinner ought to be healthy, I'd do something with them.

If I could cook something real, I'd make some sort of Asian noodle dish with chicken or pork and a couple of easy vegetable sides like a green mango salad and a long bean salad. Or I'd make mohinga. Or I'd make plov with a tomato cucumber salad and a carrot salad. Or some savory sautéed greens with basmati and fish cooked with turmeric coconut sauce.

And now I'm off to look up what these things are.....

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/west-african-chicken-stew-well-fed-2/

This is one of our go-to meals, super easy and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. Deliciously by itself or over rice or cauliflower rice when we are paleo. You can also sub the sunbutter for another nut butter.

Oh, yum. This looks really good, and I actually have all the ingredients (even the sun butter!) except the chicken thighs, but I have breasts so I could sub that.  

This is a top contender right now. Thank you!

Oh, yum. This looks really good, and I actually have all the ingredients (even the sun butter!) except the chicken thighs, but I have breasts so I could sub that.

This is a top contender right now. Thank you!

I sub breasts or do half breast/half thigh sometimes, it's good all ways! Hope you enjoy!

Broccoli and Cheese soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.

I'd probably have sugar snaps as a side because I love them!

Sounds like a breakfast for dinner kinda day. About once a month my mom would go on strike, and dad would whip out the waffle iron or make pancakes, fry bacon, etc. 

Bacon and cheese crustless quiche along with fruit is my go to meal. Mainly because I always have the ingredients for it on hand.

I don't know your dinner, but I've got your dessert.  :D

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/easy-blackberry-cobbler  I hadn't made it this way before, but it was super simple and yummy.  I'm licking my fingers from it right now, hehe.  And if you serve that with homemade ice cream, that's really a lot of the food groups. 

Last night I was too tired to cook, so we had fruit smoothies with kefir.  Simple, done.  Also, I have frozen pancakes for emergencies.  Eggs and banana muffins are my back-ups.

I have no idea. I have thawed ground beef and several varieties of dal. I will probably ask the boys what they want and go from there.

We are having left-over red beans and rice burritos. Not your traditions flavor but warm and filling.

You could do burritos or nachos. Homemade chili only takes an hour. Roast chicken is popular here as is sticky chicken if what we have in the freezer is thighs and drumsticks.

We are making homemade BBQ chicken pizza. Grilling the chicken while brushing it with BBQ sauce. Spreading some sauce on the crust and topping with the the shredded chicken and also some green bell pepper and red onion. And my kids asked for some bacon on top too. (We are dairy free and don't do cheese).

YoYo... You're on your own. Leftovers. Cereal. Mac and cheese. Cheese and apples. Just clean up after yourself. That's what we're having.

I don't know your dinner, but I've got your dessert. :D

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/easy-blackberry-cobbler I hadn't made it this way before, but it was super simple and yummy. I'm licking my fingers from it right now, hehe. And if you serve that with homemade ice cream, that's really a lot of the food groups.

Last night I was too tired to cook, so we had fruit smoothies with kefir. Simple, done. Also, I have frozen pancakes for emergencies. Eggs and banana muffins are my back-ups.

Sounds yummy. I think I will try with some fresh peaches; mine are ripening all at once so I'm in everything peach mode.