Menu

What is AoPS? Where to go after CLE 600?

parias1126

I've seen so many posts suggesting this program for prealgebra. We have just completed CLE 600 and trying to decide where to go now. I see several that have moved to AoPS.

What does this stand for? Tell me a bit about it. We need to start our new year and I'm so on the fence about where to move with math.

CLE 600 to 700/800 (as quickly as we can move through) or Saxon 8/7 (this is where I was at before seeing AoPS suggested so many times).

http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/

http://www.artofproblemsolving.com/store/list/aops-curriculum

Our curriculum is specifically designed for high-performing math students in grades 6-12. We present a much broader and deeper exploration of challenging mathematics than a typical math curriculum and show students how to apply their knowledge and problem-solving skills to difficult problems. We help students learn the critical problem-solving skills necessary for success at mathematics competitions (such as MATHCOUNTS and the AMC), top universities, and competitive careers.

One thing I really liked about going through CLE 700 and half of 800 is the consumer/business math that was included. There's a lot of practical everyday stuff there that many kids would benefit by knowing but don't always pick up naturally. Dd went on to Saxon Algebra 1 after that and placed into honors math when she took the placement test for her high school. 

• Like 1