Menu

What healthy meal can I make with ground turkey?

stephanier.1765

My kids love these meatballs: Asian turkey meatballs with lime sesame dipping sauce I make big batches and freeze them. Also regular meatballs and meatloaves freeze well precooked.

If the turkey is already frozen though, I'd use it for something like tacos. The ATK taco recipe is really good. http://www.food.com/recipe/americas-test-kitchen-beef-tacos-314504(Spices are flexible!) We do taco salads or lettuce wraps. I've also made sloppy joes using that as sort of a base. A cup of tomato sauce, some bbq seasoning, and the vinegar and tiny touch of sugar from that recipe.

Korean Ground Beef would work with turkey too. We serve it over cauli rice or cabbage salad for lower carb. http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2013/04/cheater-korean-beef.html (I halve the sugar)

• Like 1

Stuffed bell peppers! I put in onions, the pepper tops, mushrooms and garlic, all chopped very finely. Saute in EVOO, add some tomatoes or tomato paste and maybe a splash of red wine.

I bake the peppers in a pan with some water for 15-20 minutes before stuffing them and baking filled. Top with parmesan cheese. I use only red, yellow and organge peppers because we don't like the strong taste of the green ones.

Very healthy and low carb too!

• Like 3

I ended up just making a goulash since it could help clean out the fridge as well; but I always feel guilty after eating goulash because it feels unhealthy even if I'm using ground turkey and whole wheat pasta.

I'm taking notes on all your replies for future meals so that I can keep those items on hand for the next ground turkey meal.

Thanks all!

I know you already made something, but I got a great recipe you should have for meatballs or meatloaf:

1 lb ground turkey

1 granny smith apple, grated

1 t. salt

1 t. onion powder

1/4 t. garlic powder

1/2 t. dried sage

1/2 c. craisins, chopped finer

You mix all that and bake it at 350 degrees for about an hour.  It is great!  You can make it into meatballs if you want to mess around with it.  :) 

• Like 1