Menu

Little to go on. Evaluating church program.

WinsomeCreek

I hate character education programs.  People get a notion that they can fix character issues by using a special curriculum, but character takes years of social interaction to develop, and I seriously doubt there is any curriculum that can make up for a lack of proper socialization by family/society. 

ITA, except that it takes more than social interaction to fix character issues; it takes consistent instruction, modeling, and correction from adults, preferably first the parents, then other adults who have similar values. Social interaction alone, especially with age peers, will not develop the kind of character that we are looking for.

• Like 1

It's possible she got her numbers mixed up. 

Sure is. If that's the case, I hope she explains what bible verses she meant to share, and to what end. I'm quite intrigued by the idea of being called out a demon, or a minion of Satan, either me personally, or scientists in general (of which I am not, but I do value science), and while that's not necessarily the implication of sharing that bible verse, it is nevertheless a logical conclusion. 

I'm pretty sure people wouldn't call each other demons in one-liners, over such a simple thread. (Could be wrong about that, though.)

I guess we can do nothing more than await her explanation.