Menu

peanuts pageant nativity . . .

gardenmom5

peanuts christmas pageant  

44 members have voted

1. 1. which pageant set?

• bilbical sayings
    • better stylistically/kid friendly

I was looking for something, and came across these.  I want one - and have been surprised how many different ones there are.  

I have narrowed it down to two.  (prices are very different, but I can swing the more expensive one.  i'll just grumble about it. and shop around for the best price.)

one seems more in harmony with they style/colors of peanuts (kid friendly. but I have a playmobil nativity for kids.  I also see myself getting a FP little people one when I have grandchildren. more toddler friendly.) and

the other has biblical lines appropriate for their 'costume", not quite as good for color/style.  but close enough to live with.

#1 http://shopord.com/images/D/Glad%20Tidings%20Nativity%20set.jpg

eta:  - the first one is supposed to be made of resin - not ceramic, so not breakable.

#2 http://img.familychristian.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/8/186585.jpg

so, opinions?

I like the colors on the first one and I think the quotes on the bottom are cute.

It's really about which one you prefer though. :)

but, but . . . I can't *decide*!!!!!  :willy_nilly:    that's why I'm asking the hive.  to help me decide. :p

(actually, as much as I love the quotes, I'm starting to lean towards the other one as better stylistically.  linus is using his blanket as a shepherd's head covering.)

currently, I don't have many littles coming over.   I also don't expect grandbabies anytime soon.

aaarrrrgggghhhhh . . . . .

IMHO, none of the above, but my reasons may not apply to you. In my family, the baby Jesus doesn't go in the nativity until after Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. In fact, in Venezuela the baby Jesus brings your Christmas presents so he can't be there before Christmas. So having Woodstock sitting there doesn't work and the non-removable blue bundle doesn't either. If Santa brings your gifts, this isn't a big deal although I still think it's a nice touch to have the baby Jesus appear for the first time on Christmas morning. Just something to consider in case you want to do the empty manger until Christmas with your grandchildren some day.

IMHO, none of the above, but my reasons may not apply to you. In my family, the baby Jesus doesn't go in the nativity until after Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. In fact, in Venezuela the baby Jesus brings your Christmas presents so he can't be there before Christmas. So having Woodstock sitting there doesn't work and the non-removable blue bundle doesn't either. If Santa brings your gifts, this isn't a big deal although I still think it's a nice touch to have the baby Jesus appear for the first time on Christmas morning. Just something to consider in case you want to do the empty manger until Christmas with your grandchildren some day.

this isn't my first (or even my main) nativity set, or even my second . . . .plus I have a kid friendly playmobil. . . .

this is PEANUTS.  :001_wub:

• Like 1

I have the second one. Woodstock is removable and he is tiny. The crowns and shepherded crook are not attached to the figures. The crowns fell off so much I glued them on. Also the display they are on in the picture is cardboard and not really usable. All that said I still like it. My girls love playing with it every year. I think they may have lost Woodstock this past Christmas.

I like the first one, but I was always a sucker for the portion of the movie where Linus quotes from Luke. It's very sweet. I would want the scriptures on.

• Like 1

Is it just for display or will the kids get to touch/ play with it?

either - and depends upon which.  dudeling is the youngest, and I don't have many smaller visitors. He sets up my Costco ceramic one and is very careful.  mostly he plays with the playmobil as I added sheep, and donkey's, and other animals and fences . . . .  (not nearly as much as when he was younger.) 

I don't have grandkids - yet.  (she thinks hopefully . . . . )  and when I do, I will probably get a fisher price for toddlers.  I also have a puppet set I need to finish . . .

I've ordered the main set with the quotes from Isaiah.  I'm working on the four piece completer set.  they are made of resin - so they are still kid safe.

and I will probably end up getting both . :blushing:  :leaving: