Menu

The well trained...dragon

Dmmetler

I have the feeling that the next time a bearded dragon is up for adoption, I'm going to get a lot of pressure to bring one home permanently. They really are fun little critters, with a lot of personality(although I will say that omnivorous lizard husbandry is harder than snake husbandry).

• Like 1

I have a friend with a bearded dragon. They eat A LOT. We feed our snake once a week. Their dragon eats many many crickets every day. I think running to the store to buy crickets every week might get to me. One time she had bought a bunch of crickets at one time (maybe 200?) and it was so loud! It's so funny the difference in the care between the two reptiles. I always tell people--snakes are easy pets!! =)

• Like 1

Snakes are definitely easier (and, unless you breed your own insects, less expensive. Have you priced crickets lately? Ouch!). But I do think the Beardie is more fun, even if it does make me feel disloyal to Wadjet (the corn snake), Pinkie Py(thon) (Ball python), and Rana (leopard frog).

I just wish every single reptile/amphibian didn't seem to need a 20 gal+ enclosure. We're running out of places to put 40 long tanks!

• Like 1