Menu

If you are on Facebook...

jenn&charles

I finally am on there as Guest Hollow. It's not really a personal FB page, but is more for my website/business (although it's set up as a personal page for various reasons). I need some wtm "friends", lol...

XXXXXXXXXX (edited) XXXXXXXXXXX

:-)

Edit: I created a business page instead! Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Guest-Hollow/886446198087884?fref=ts

Now that I've received over 25 likes, I was able to change the link to this:

https://www.facebook.com/guesthollow

:-)

• Like 1

Just an FYI......... FB is actively shutting down personal profiles that were created for business purposes because they want businesses to do the "page" option instead of a personal profile. They look for profiles that don't appear to be "real names" and then investigate to see if it's really a business. And they do it without notice. You find yourself locked out of your own profile and are asked to submit proof that you are the name of the profile, whereas with a page, you can name it what you like, and it doesn't need to include your real name.

• Like 2

Just an FYI......... FB is actively shutting down personal profiles that were created for business purposes because they want businesses to do the "page" option instead of a personal profile. They look for profiles that don't appear to be "real names" and then investigate to see if it's really a business. And they do it without notice. You find yourself locked out of your own profile and are asked to submit proof that you are the name of the profile, whereas with a page, you can name it what you like, and it doesn't need to include your real name.

Thanks for the info!! I'll have to think about that, as there are reasons I'm doing it this way... I really appreciate the heads up, though. Well, if I have to change it, I'll let all my "new" friends know, lol...

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!! I'll have to think about that, as there are reasons I'm doing it this way... I really appreciate the heads up, though. Well, if I have to change it, I'll let all my "new" friends know, lol...

From what I've seen (close up and personally with people I really know), they lose access to their personal profile and can't get in there to let their friends know about the new page. Facebook only lets them back in if they send a copy of an id with their picture on it and it matches the name they put on the profile. For a couple of them, they were doing it for a business. For a couple others, they were using a pseudonym for privacy reasons.

• Like 1

From what I've seen (close up and personally with people I really know), they lose access to their personal profile and can't get in there to let their friends know about the new page. Facebook only lets them back in if they send a copy of an id with their picture on it and it matches the name they put on the profile. For a couple of them, they were doing it for a business. For a couple others, they were using a pseudonym for privacy reasons.

Ok, I will go ahead and make a business page right now...Thanks for sharing this. I really appreciate it. :-)

• Like 1

Ok, I will go ahead and make a business page right now...Thanks for sharing this. I really appreciate it. :-)

Just didn't want to see you have to deal with what others have......... best wishes in your endeavors.

I know someone who just had that happen. 

I liked your new business page!