• Workout 8
    • Workout 9
    • Workout 10
    • Workout 11
    • Workout 12
    • All workouts in this set complete
  2. 2. More workouts!!

• All workouts in this set complete

It's a new week. Everyone is doing so well with getting out there and moving. Yay! It is great to see how far everyone has come.

Congrats to everyone who has finished the 9 weeks! Are you going to keep going? Aim for a 10k (there's an app for that!)? Anyone else have a race scheduled?

ETA: ok, I cheated and added a bunch more workouts to the poll. Keep going in this thread! :)

I tried to go two days in a row. It was fine but my legs are tired! I did 2 miles of running today with a little walking break in the middle, but overall my time was still similar to before.

The 2 mile race I was thinking about doing is actually this weekend and we will be out of town. I think I'm making good progress and will look for a 5k in September or October.

It's still so hard for me to run instead of walk, but it has helped my mood and energy so much! I'm glad to be exercising again.

• Like 3

I was pretty excited about not having to get up at 5am to rum, but now I wonder if I might be part vampire. The sun was up. It was humid. Not so fun all things considered. Fastest pace, though. I still can't believe I've made it to week 6. I thought I'd be out in week two.

My 5k'w not until October so I think I'll pick up Jeff Galloway's 5k training program to try and improve my time when C25k is finished.

• Like 3

Keep going, everyone! You've made it so far from where you started.

I saw my Dr. today about my ankle. I am no longer allowed to run on pavement, but she gave the go-ahead to try trail running once I have recovered (another week or more).

• Like 3

Eagle - being cleared for trail running sounds pretty exciting! Do you have a trail in mind for the inaugural run once you get the final go ahead?

PIE - Week 9? That's awesome!

lewber - Maybe look up some Jeff Galloway videos? Especially this one - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W88Pie6aMXI

Dh wanted to take us for a walk on the trail he ran with a buddy from work on Monday. It's paved so not trail running, but it was so much nicer than running on the sidewalk like I have been with the change in scenery. We went 2 miles at a super easy pace. It was fun! :) I don't think I'd want to go at 5:30am like I have been, but I'd like to head there and go running at some point.

Distance wise I can't run to the trail so I'd have to drive which means I'd be less likely to go the more time that's involved in just getting there. It's why I stopped going to the Y. I like getting up, heading out the door, and getting back without adding to it.

I went shopping for another pair of capris and a shirt tonight. I'm in a wierd spot size wise so it was a little frustrating. I don't like a lot of fabric moving around me while I'm running, but it felt like the one shirt was too big and the other was maybe too small? Ugh. I ended up outting everything back.

• Like 3

Today's run is done. I liked the video linked above even though the marathon part doesnt apply:) Today I went 3 miles with walking in the middle. Every 1/2 mile I would walk 1/10 mile. It worked for me. At this point I am really focused more on the exercise and the calories so this is perfect. It kept me going at my target heart rate longer and since I ran more I burned extra calories. I'm still slow but that's not really the goal at this stage.

So workout 2 was a success!

• Like 3

W6D3 done.

Do you have a 5K race in mind PIE?

I did a 5K on August 1, and I think that'll be good enough for me this year. I'm just happy that I can jog for 30 minutes without stopping. Though with school starting up it's going to be hard to find time. I'm putting my big kids in public school this year, so nobody will be home to babysit the little ones, and I really don't like waking up early or staying up late to jog. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

• Like 3

W?D3 in the books. Did my little 5K with some walking in the middle every once in awhile and it went much like Wednesday. I'm good with that. Slow and steady and all of that.  :hurray:

I am however having shoe issues, so I guess I need to see if I can find something with a wider toe bed. My last two toes are curling in when I run and are starting to get blisters all over them. But only on my right foot. Going to try to get to the running store this weekend. These are the same style of shoes I ran in when I ran years ago and I think then he said they were the widest of the styles. Hope not! 

• Like 3

Eagle - being cleared for trail running sounds pretty exciting! Do you have a trail in mind for the inaugural run once you get the final go ahead?

I may try the trail I was concerned about before. Everyone I have talked to thinks it is safe and I am being overly paranoid.

Or, I may try cycling the trail. I thought I couldn't run due to knee issues and my knees have been fine. Cycling was the other thing I couldn't do. Maybe my knees will hold up better than my ankles!

• Like 2

Since we seem to be slowing down (and some have completed the whole c25k -- yay!) I added a bunch more workouts to the poll to keep us going until September 5. At that point we can decide if we still want a poll or if we just keep chatting in this thread.

Hopefully I can get out there later this week. My ankle is starting to feel pretty good. I think I will try cycling the trail before running it. I'll let you know what I find!

• Like 2

Did a run tonight. We're still working on the weekly schedules, so this is 1 of 3 for the week.

We had slowed down the past couple of weeks due to some family stuff going on, as well as some ankle pain for both ds & me. Good to get back out there finally.

• Like 3

I just got back from w9d3! I can't believe I finished! Keep it up if you haven't finished yet. You can do it!

:hurray:  Way to go!!

I like the new poll - I am on track to be finished with W9D3 at workout 12 on the poll. That should keep me on track.

I am really enjoying running again. So thankful this plan came across the board this summer. The timing was perfect for me.

Hope some new people will join in. Never too late to get started.

• Like 3

post c25k day 1 done. :)

I wasn't feeling too motivated to keep going, but last week I started an audiobook that I only let myself listen to when working out. It's getting interesting, so now I want to jog every day. :)

Congrats on finishing c25k! What a great idea for keeping going too.

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 3. Feels good! Period started on Wednesday night of course, and in the past I would have used it as an excuse to stay in bed. Not today. I am a ltitle more tired but I powered through.

Feeing a little irritated as last night I told DH that I'm running again. He was so unsupportive. ðŸ˜

Aww, that makes it more difficult. Dh started running before me and is really encouraging. He listens to me whine about how slow I am or how tough a workout might be. He also makes space in our achedule so that I can go running (or runs kid interference when we run together so that I don't have to corrall everyone). Maybe you can enlist his help some or run together?

I am so afraid of that. My ankles have hard time on uneven terrain.

Glad you're okay.

I made it seven weeks before I tripped so I'd say you're good for six weeks or so. ;)

I was probably too busy being annoyed by the barnyard smell that has invaded the city and the cold temperature making my nose run to pay attention to where I was going. So maybe just be extra cautious in those conditions. Lol

• Like 2

Week 1 Day 3. Feels good! Period started on Wednesday night of course, and in the past I would have used it as an excuse to stay in bed. Not today. I am a ltitle more tired but I powered through.

Feeing a little irritated as last night I told DH that I'm running again. He was so unsupportive. ðŸ˜

Welcome! Good for you on getting started. I'm sorry your husband isn't supportive right now. I hope he will come around when he sees all the benefits you start feeling from running.

So I am finished with Week 7. I am running the 5K but oh so slowly still and struggling at the end. I think the exercise boredom is setting in so I might have to find a new route and change up the playlist before next week.

• Like 3

Good for you, Miss Peregrine. Keep on, even with an unsupportive dh. We'll support you here!

We're still struggling along here. Did 3/4 of a run a couple of nights ago, but due to a time limitation, lingering ankle issues for ds, & the weather, we decided that 3/4 was better than 0/4 of a run, so we got out & did what we could.

I cannot wait until the weather cools off & is less humid. I have struggled so in this weather for the past month.

Kudos to everyone else! I remain so impressed with all of you C25K gals!!! You are my inspiration.

• Like 3

Week 0 Day 3

There is a really nice path that goes through a park with a playground in the middle.  Walked down with DH, DD 11, DS 6, and DS 3.  Dropped the males off at the park and jogged with DD.  The boys decided jogging looked like more fun and joined us for little parts of it.

• Like 3

W8D1 done and beat the rain! I still take a couple of short walk breaks. I'm all signed up for my 5K in Oct. I'm going to run it with dh, my mom, and my sister.

Leav97 - sounds like fun!

Stacia - way to keep plugging away. Humidity reqlly does suck the energy right out of you.

• Like 3

I'm still doing it but Im not getting any faster or losing weight. Trying very hard to not get discouraged. I'm not very good with consistency but I've got to keep going.

Haven't felt the same excitement but I keep going out on my runs.

Hoping I'll feel more into it soon! Just keep plugging away.

Great job to everyone keeping on!

• Like 3

Workout 8 done! I felt much better today and managed to shave a few seconds off my time. I added some fun new songs to my playlist that I think really helped. My lower legs - below my calves - have been hurting a little bit so I went ahead and sprung for some new shoes today. Went to the local running store for advice so I am hoping they will be just perfect for me. They were super comfy in the store. 

Feeling good about running again. Glad I pushed myself through those two runs I just did not want to go on. 

Way to go mamaraby - almost finished!! And Miss Peregrine - so glad you are starting. I'm sure you'll be amazed by your improvements as you keep it up. As you can see - seconds can be exciting! 

• Like 4

I was a little worried about the twinges in one of my heels so in addition to some insoles for my shoes, I also shortened my run a bit. So, week 8 1/2? I'm still going to call it W9D1, though, because I can. No more heel twinges so I think the insoles helped. We'll see how the next couple of days go.

• Like 3

BAD, BAD run today. Who knows why? Maybe the heat? Had to walk some in the 3rd mile, but I finished. Slower than usual. I should be able to do the 5K at then end of this week, but I think I'll probably still walk a bit at the two mile mark. We'll see. Hoping it goes better Wednesday. At least I still went, burned off some calories and sweated out some toxins. Better than not going. 

• Like 2

BAD, BAD run today. Who knows why? Maybe the heat? Had to walk some in the 3rd mile, but I finished. Slower than usual. I should be able to do the 5K at then end of this week, but I think I'll probably still walk a bit at the two mile mark. We'll see. Hoping it goes better Wednesday. At least I still went, burned off some calories and sweated out some toxins. Better than not going.

Thursday's run was like that for me. Slow and a tough slog. The more humid it is, the slower I run. The warmer it is, the slower I run. The more distracted I am by something (the way my shirt is moving, something with my shoe, keeping the kids moving without them killing each other, the app not working like it should, etc) the slower I run. Wind and 50/low 60 degree weather is the only thing that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Hang in there! One of the runs this week will probably go better and of not, there's always next week! :D

• Like 2

I think this is  W9D2 for me - it was better than Monday so there's that  :huh: I think it's the humidity here too except my legs still get so tired. I need to find some way to burn calories on my off days that won't wear my legs out. I have been trying to get over 10,000 steps every day but my legs still seem to be tired all these weeks into it. 

I am so glad we have some new runners to keep rooting on! Keep up the good work and keep checking in. I do like getting to check the little box - I think about it when I'm out there running. :lol:

• Like 2