Menu

? about finishing books

My DD, for various reasons, did not finish her Apologia Physical Science last school year (8th) Should I have her finish it before starting Biology this year(9th) or should we just move on?

I know that PS don't always finish books I just don't want her to miss anything very important but I also don't want her to get behind in her high school studies.

Jenn

My kids in b&m school didn't finish most of their books.  They didn't even get halfway through their science and social studies books.  I plan to read the unfinished science and ss books with them this month, hopefully before school starts.  We won't do any exercises etc., just read the text.  I think I will take turns with the girls so we can just get it done and move on.

With math (they use Singapore), I have kept old unfinished workbooks / extra practice books so I can review concepts just before they are re-introduced in the next grade.

In your case I'd probably ask your daughter to quickly read through the rest of the textbook (before school starts or in addition to beginning Biology), so she has some familiarity with the material.

• Like 1

My DD, for various reasons, did not finish her Apologia Physical Science last school year (8th) Should I have her finish it before starting Biology this year(9th) or should we just move on?

I know that PS don't always finish books I just don't want her to miss anything very important but I also don't want her to get behind in her high school studies.

Jenn

Nothing she'll do in biology is dependent on anything she learned in physical science. Move on. :-)

• Like 1