Menu

What color would you paint a homeschool room office?

displace

I'm slowly shifting some homeschool things into the office room and organizing. Until now, the office was mostly a nonfunctional storage room with a computer if you didn't want to use the laptop. It closes off completely and will stay that way unless we're using it.

I like to school in the main living area but sometimes it's hard to concentrate with younger DD running around and playing so I'm planning on doing some schooling in there. More if it's a nice place to be. I will have to add drapes to block some heat though.

What color would you paint a home office that's occasionally used for homeschooling? What color drapes would you use? I'm considering yellow (pale or a little darker) or grey with red drapes. DS loves red but I'm not painting it red! Have any good color combinations or recs?

Mine is a pale yellow -- a little warmer than pastel. I love the color. The floors are chocolate brown (painted faux hardwood). Curtains are light blues and purples (but not pastel).

And I have to agree on the sunshine comment - it totally makes the warm have a lovely glowing hue which is helpful since it is a north side facing room and doesn't get full on sun like the other rooms (but does have 3 windows which helps).

• Like 1

Get on Houzz.com and search homeschool. You will be blown away by the creativity of some people.

I paint based on the theme of the home. Right now I have a Mediterranean home painted in five Mediterranean colors that all go well together. It is important for me to have a home that flows aesthetically from room to room.

• Like 1

Cream with one blue wall, and with cream trim/window frame on the blue wall and blue trim/window frame on the cream walls. Or at least that's what we painted ours, and it's really pretty! This is the cream: http://t.homedepot.com/p/Glidden-Premium-8-oz-Gold-Coast-White-Interior-Paint-Tester-GLC05-D8/202509842. This is the blue: http://t.homedepot.com/p/Glidden-Premium-8-oz-French-Country-Blue-Interior-Paint-Tester-GLB11-D8/202509822. It's very colonial looking and has some color but without being overwhelming. Right now, I don't have curtains, just cream lace sheer panels for a little privacy. I actually like just the sheers because they let a lot of light in, but I might do a roman shade sort of thing in a shade darker than the cream, kept up most of the time, but pulled down when I want to block light.

• Like 1

Mine is an aqua color that I really love! It is pictured in the last photo here...of course now it is loaded with books, tables, globe, chairs, and heaven-only-knows-what-else!! A MESS this week!! :)

http://thejoyfulhouse.blogspot.com/2014/10/dark-basement-before-and-after.html

That is some transformation. Hard to believe it's the same place!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest drinkthelemonade

Ours is a medium yellow with hints of Kelly Green and Turquoise. It's very cheery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk