Menu

Update in OP: Roman! New kitty in the family

trulycrabby

As a parent of 3 cats, I can tell you that taking care of the litter for 2 isn't really that much more than for 1. You're already having to scoop daily so you'll just scoop a bit more. Having that second cat to love and be a companion to Jane will be more payback that you'll ever want for having to scoop pooh.

We have two cats and I agree.
  • Like 1

Ellie and fraidycat, the kindle won't let me multiquote, so I will answer your posts in this reply:

The brown lab got adopted, which makes me very happy because my concern was that no one would want her. :)

I am waffling on Roman, frankly because the reality of all that kitty litter in the house has set in. :o Jane apparently has an extremely healthy colon and frankly, I am wondering how a six-pound kitty can produce so much poop! She is eating like there is no tomorrow, which is a little puzzling because food was plentiful in the shelter, and she is not underweight. :zombie:

So, I am loving Jane (who is stting on my feet), but wondering about the work load and mess of two cats. One is great, but two just might be too much work. :o

One more kitteh won't be that noticeable, as others have said.

Also, our vet says that if you feed your kittehs a better quality cat food, there will be much less poop. We always feed Innova/Evo, and my kittehs are much less poopier than my neighbors' kittehs across the street, who get the cheapest food there is. I cannot believe how full their multiple--as in four or five--litter boxes (and only two kittehs) are daily when I'm house sitting for them

• Like 1

Okay, I am listening. We do already have three small dogs, so the cat has plenty of company and stimulation. One dog lives downstairs with MIL, but she comes up almost every day to visit, even if only for a few minutes.

We are going to do some reading (The Yearling), and I will make my final decision. A visit to the animal shelter would mean no math or grammar this afternoon, which I suppose is a plus. :)

Thanks for everyone taking the time to give advice. I really appreciate it! :)

• Like 3

So, here's what I want to know.

What animals did you meet when you were at the shelter picking up Roman?

:grin: Ah, yes! A GORGEOUS, very sweet, male Weimaraner, and two darling Chi Pin ladies! :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

I am not worried about any of them; they are beautiful, healthy, and well-mannered. Someone will want them! :)

• Like 4

:grin: Ah, yes! A GORGEOUS, very sweet, male Weimaraner, and two darling Chi Pin ladies! :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

I am not worried about any of them; they are beautiful, healthy, and well-mannered. Someone will want them! :)

Mmm hmmm sure. I think you need am even number of dogs. 4 or 6?

• Like 3

Sorry about the double post, I guess I really think you need them.

• Like 1

One more kitteh won't be that noticeable, as others have said.

Also, our vet says that if you feed your kittehs a better quality cat food, there will be much less poop. We always feed Innova/Evo, and my kittehs are much less poopier than my neighbors' kittehs across the street, who get the cheapest food there is. I cannot believe how full their multiple--as in four or five--litter boxes (and only two kittehs) are daily when I'm house sitting for them

Thank you! I am switching cat food immediately! :)