Menu

What are you using for grammar in 2015-2016?

IfIOnly

I'm beginning to think Grammar/Writing/English are my kryptonite.  

We started this year with CLE LA -- but with added writing and different spelling -- and it was just too time consuming.

We tried Easy Grammar but it just was not a good fit for us. We needed a bit more hand-holding and interest.

I just received BJU English in the mail -- I'm hoping that the girls will like this well enough...

Yes, we are doing CLE LA with Word Roots (how we do spelling) and Treasured Conversations. It's too much. I'm doing the CLE and Word Roots at half-tempo and we'll re-evaluate next year. 

I never switch mid year. I just don't have it in me!

• Like 1

Now you're just bragging.   :p  :D 

And the funny thing is, as I was typing it in for the second time, I thought, "This feel so familiar." So I went back and checked through the thread. Sure enough, there it was -- my first post, nearly word for word the same as the second post. Not only have we not switched out our grammar, but I even typed it up the same way. LOL.

5th Grader = second half of FLL 4, grammar only

3rd Graders = second half of FLL 3, grammar only

When it comes to grammar, I always say, "If it ain't broke...."

No idea what we'll do after FLL 4, though. We'll be ready for a change by then! ;)

• Like 1