Menu

It's the little things.....

applethyme

DD8 is very tall and thin for her age.  It is almost impossible to find age appropriate pajamas in her size.  I found 4 sets!  Carters is now making girls pajamas up to size 14.  :hurray:  :hurray:

This is helping the horror of last years shopping for pajamas trip to fade a little. That trip was where I found the nightgown that had a horse on the front, with the words "ride me" in big, bold letters that partially obscured the horse.  I'm not going to even start to tell my tales of woe when it came to shopping for shorts and shirts.....

• Like 3

I hate pajama shopping, too.  One of my dd's refuses to wear pajamas -- only nightgowns.  With sleeves.  And no ruffle at the bottom (her skin breaks out from the thick stitching.)  No pop stars.  Preferably Hello Kitty.

We didn't find any this year.  She is still wearing her winter nightgowns.

• Like 1

I puffy heart love Carters for both of my girls. I usually raid the local outlet location :) in fact I have $20 in Carters cash I gotta use (went there to start dd2's winter clothing, pjs for dd2 and dd1, and got some of dd1's school shirts there and spent over $200 oops but the clothes last, fit my girls the best, fit them the longest and has good resale value)

• Like 1

One of my dd's refuses to wear pajamas -- only nightgowns.  With sleeves.  And no ruffle at the bottom (her skin breaks out from the thick stitching.)  No pop stars.  Preferably Hello Kitty.

We didn't find any this year.  She is still wearing her winter nightgowns.

Behold the beauty of eBay.  My daughter likes cats on everything, but for her, it's *can't* be Hello Kitty.  eBay is wonderful.

We like Gymboree pajamas, too.

• Like 1

Behold the beauty of eBay.  My daughter likes cats on everything, but for her, it's *can't* be Hello Kitty.  eBay is wonderful.

We like Gymboree pajamas, too.

CWDKids.com

Great pjs for kids and the sales are great.

Thanks for the links.  Unfortunately almost all of the nightgowns have the dreaded ruffle at the bottom.  As picky as she is, I cannot allow her to wear these as she gets a horrible rash at the back of her knees.  

I've tried to get her to wear leggings under her nightgowns.  No go.  

sigh.

I'm going to try The Children's Place.  They had a few things that looked promising...

Fingers crossed.  :)  Thanks, everyone.

• Like 2

Yay!  I was able to get her a nightgown.  Thank you, heartlikealion, for the suggestion.

And thank you to the op for the thread!  Now, maybe we can stop talking about pajamas and discuss other little things that make a big difference.  :)

• Like 2

I shop online for clothes and gifts.  Each Christmas I try to get the kids some jammies that they will love.  Last year I was looking for purple jammies for my purple girl (size 10) and something with polar bears for my bear-loving kid (size 8).  There was exactly 1 option with polar bears, and 1 option in purple (which happened to be Calvin Klein, not my usual purchase).  Not looking forward to this coming Christmas....

• Like 1