Menu

Vandiver fans, help me out

This is the problem of listening to too many lectures. I'm trying to find which Vandiver course had a lecture on Minoan civilization.

I've just started listening to a set of lectures on Ancient Greek Civilization by Jeremy McInerney. The first few lectures have covered Bronze Age cultures -- the Minoans and Mycenaeans. As I was listening this morning, I was reminded of another lecture I've heard in the past on the same topic. I was quite sure it was one of Elizabeth Vandiver's, but as I'm looking over her courses none of them seem to have a lecture on this topic.

But I thought if anyone knew the answer off-hand, it would be the hive. She was talking about Minoan Crete and archaeological evidence that lends support to the mythological stories, and also I believe about the intersection between Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations. If nobody knows, I'm going to start digging through my course guides. It MUST be in there because I remember it.