Menu

Couch-to-5k: July 19-25

Eagle

C25k: July 19-25  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Workouts completed:

It's a new week! Let's hear about the progress everyone is making this week. Hopefully not too many are sidelined with injuries. It is hard to stick to this with all the busyness that summer brings, but just get out there once or twice if that is all you can manage right now. Slow and steady!

If you haven't started yet, it is not too late. We are doing the Couch to 5K beginner running plan. Several of us have either repeated weeks or started over, so we are at different points. Take the plunge and join us!

Reminder: To do the poll, fill in the first workout when you do 1 run. When you do your subsequent runs you need to delete your vote and then you can vote for multiple options (for example, you can select BOTH Workout 1 and Workout 2).

• Like 3

Week 3, Day 1 complete! It was much easier having fewer intervals. The three minute run segments were not a problem. I don't think I could do this without music though. I was singing along (in my head) and before I knew it the intervals were done. Without music I would have been checking the clock.

• Like 3

Week 7 day 1 done. Kind of. Hardest day yet! Had a very tough time today and I couldn't do the 25 minute jog all at one time. I couldn't even do 22 min like I did Friday! After 15 minutes of running, I felt ready to quit. Okay, I actually wanted to quit earlier than that! I walked for two minutes and then jogged the next 10. Breathing super hard. This whole week is the same I think, so I'll try it as day 2 on Wednesday. Glad I got out this morning, but disappointed I had such a hard time.

• Like 3

W7 D1 done. I actually jogged 26 minutes before I checked my timer. My toes are starting to get tingly though. I think it's time to buy some real running shoes. I wanted to make sure I'd stick with this before spending any money.

• Like 2

I went ahead to W4D1 Sunday to try to move forward. We are done traveling, so I should be able to be more consistent from now on. That said, the 5 minutes of running almost did me in. My legs just felt so heavy. But I do enjoy it, and do still look forward to getting out by myself and walking and trying to run. So I am looking forward to making some progress. We'll see how this week goes. It might be the one I need to repeat. Still had phone issues with the app. 

Good luck to everyone! 

• Like 3

Week 7 day 1 done. Kind of. Hardest day yet! Had a very tough time today and I couldn't do the 25 minute jog all at one time. I couldn't even do 22 min like I did Friday! After 15 minutes of running, I felt ready to quit. Okay, I actually wanted to quit earlier than that! I walked for two minutes and then jogged the next 10. Breathing super hard. This whole week is the same I think, so I'll try it as day 2 on Wednesday. Glad I got out this morning, but disappointed I had such a hard time.

:grouphug:

• Like 2

W7 D1 done. I actually jogged 26 minutes before I checked my timer. My toes are starting to get tingly though. I think it's time to buy some real running shoes. I wanted to make sure I'd stick with this before spending any money.

Impressive! You are doing great! I check my timer way too much.
  • Like 2

I feel like I'm stuck in such a running rut & will never make it beyond the 3 minute amount. :tongue_smilie: I keep telling myself that we're battling intense heat & humidity (plus hills) here every single time we've run & that it will hopefully get better in a few months when the weather cools down a little bit. 

We were going to run last night, but there was thunder & lightning, so we didn't go. Hoping this evening will work.

I saw this shirt & thought it's a pretty good running shirt. At least I'm faster than a tree, right?! :lol:

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/as-fast-as-i-can-2?ref=cnt_wp_0_5

• Like 3

I feel like I'm stuck in such a running rut & will never make it beyond the 3 minute amount. :tongue_smilie: I keep telling myself that we're battling intense heat & humidity (plus hills) here every single time we've run & that it will hopefully get better in a few months when the weather cools down a little bit.

That can definitely make it harder. It was 50 something this morning and my route is relatively flat. I went on Sunday around noon with my dh and that was a completely different feel to the run.

• Like 1

Did W2D3 this morning. Shins felt better today, so that is good I think. I guess I should wait to see how they feel this afternoon before saying that though! Contined walking after the app said I was finished to complete 2 miles. I feel so slow, but keep reminding myself that it is so much better than doing nothing!

Hope all of you have a good week! On to week 3 on thursday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

W4d2 done today. Couldn't finish the last 5 minute run. Walked a minute in the middle. Hoping the more consistent workouts will help with that.

There's a 2 mile race 4 weeks from Saturday that I'm hoping I can make. It will give me a good goal. DH and DS have done it the past several years. They will leave me in the dust but that's ok:) they can finish and run the last mile with me! Ha!

• Like 4

W4d2 done today. Couldn't finish the last 5 minute run. Walked a minute in the middle. Hoping the more consistent workouts will help with that.

There's a 2 mile race 4 weeks from Saturday that I'm hoping I can make. It will give me a good goal. DH and DS have done it the past several years. They will leave me in the dust but that's ok:) they can finish and run the last mile with me! Ha!

That sounds like a great goal!

• Like 1

We were going to run last night, but there was thunder & lightning, so we didn't go. Hoping this evening will work.

I saw this shirt & thought it's a pretty good running shirt. At least I'm faster than a tree, right?! :lol:

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/as-fast-as-i-can-2?ref=cnt_wp_0_5

I was going to ask if you were in Florida too, but we have no hills :)

• Like 2

That can definitely make it harder. It was 50 something this morning and my route is relatively flat. I went on Sunday around noon with my dh and that was a completely different feel to the run.

Oh, that would be nice!  I get out before 7am, but it's already in the 80s with 80-90% humidity as well.  It was cooler a few weeks ago.  It would be in the 70s with 70% humidity until about 8am.  Maybe that is part of my problem.   Yeah, we'll go with that.  :)

• Like 2

I was going to ask if you were in Florida too, but we have no hills :)

Wecome to Georgia. Heat. Humidity. Hills. (Dh saw that on a t-shirt when he was recently running a 10k here. I'm not sure that was the exact wording, but if not, it was similar.)

:tongue_smilie:

• Like 1

Oh, that would be nice!  I get out before 7am, but it's already in the 80s with 80-90% humidity as well.  It was cooler a few weeks ago.  It would be in the 70s with 70% humidity until about 8am.  Maybe that is part of my problem.   Yeah, we'll go with that.   :)

Agreeing that in the 50s would be nice! I'm looking forward to that. It may be late October or November until we hit those temps. I can't wait!!!

matrips, that sounds similar to the temp & humidity here. Just... ugh. Usually I can stand humidity, but I think I'm having to learn how to run in it. I'll go with it being my problem too, lol. (Of course, if I lost 10-15 pounds, that would help immensely too!)

• Like 3

I've been a total failure with the program but things may be looking up.

Trying to do it on the treadmill at the Y my shins were starting to hurt right away.  I have plantar fasciitis and I'm wearing good shoes but the pain started pretty quick and I always felt like my stride was off.

We just got a new puppy and it's a working breed that needs activity.  I've been walking him with dd and we walk out slowly and let him explore, then let him run back to the house.  I've been doing a very slow kind of job to keep up with them and there's been no pain at all.  So, I'm going to give it a try again but not on the treadmill (I don't think I was getting the speed right for my stride and it felt awkward) and going slowly.

• Like 3

Finished W4D2 today.  It was a bit harder than Tuesdays.  I'm blaming the humidity.  I won't be able to finish this week's workout until Monday with everything else going on.  And then it's on to week 5 which looks rather difficult.   :mellow:

• Like 3

Redoing week 4, and it is still hard!  I have spent 2 weeks on every week, but it is taking me so long to get stronger.  It is quite frustrating.  Maybe its my age (49) because I was in decent shape before starting, and I used to jog a few years back.   I am thin so I don't know what is going on.

• Like 4

Redoing week 4, and it is still hard!  I have spent 2 weeks on every week, but it is taking me so long to get stronger.  It is quite frustrating.  Maybe its my age (49) because I was in decent shape before starting, and I used to jog a few years back.   I am thin so I don't know what is going on.

:grouphug:

• Like 2

Finished week 4 today. Still could only do 4 minutes on the last run. I think I'll repeat week 4. I'm not ready for longer runs yet. My shins hurt today too. And it's so humid. Whine, whine, whine:)

But I did it, onward!

Great job to everyone. I do really feel good about the progress I am making and I do like coming here and recording it. So thanks again!

• Like 5

Did W3D1 this morning. It went pretty well, except I felt so slow moving today. The temperature was higher today, and I didn't feel too well yesterday, so those may have played a factor today. I was able to run for the full 3 minutes each time, so that was a plus! Something I didn't think I would be able to do a couple weeks ago! Shins still sore, but nothing like in week 1!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Another repeat of a week 3 run, along w/ dh & ds. Well, really since ds & I are still slow, dh gave us the 5-minute walk at the beginning as a headstart. He caught up to us during the third running portion. 

I'm still not feeling that runner's high. But, at least I'm done for tonight! Lol.

• Like 4

Just finished week 4 from last week today. D3 was even harder than D1. Dh thinks I should just move on to W5, but I think I'm going to consider today's D1 and then sort of repeat D2 and D3 on W/F. I've got enough time between now and my 5K to repeat every week, but haven't felt the need until now.

• Like 2