Menu

Another just for fun: Ironic names

indigomama

When my sister was on active duty in the military, her boss was Major Payne.

When I was in ROTC, the commandant of cadets was Colonel Sanders. (Still makes me laugh. )

My dh, who works in hospital administration, used to work with Dr. Pepper. (LOL)

I promise you these are all real and I'm not making them up!

Oh my goodness, you have lots of good ones! My 3 yo just asked why I was laughing at the computer :)

• Like 1

A local urologist, who specializes in vasectomies, is Dr. Dick Chopp. An unending source of hilarity in this town.

And our mayor for six years was Will Wynn. He never put anything but his name on his campaign posters.

I was going to post that. You beat me to the punch!

• Like 2

My oral surgeon was Dr. Slaughter.

My childhood friend was Rusty Gates.

My daughter's speech therapist was Mrs. Speeks.

My uncle's partner at a medical clinic was Dr. Gesundheit.

My junior high French teacher was Mrs. French.

• Like 3

A local urologist, who specializes in vasectomies, is Dr. Dick Chopp. An unending source of hilarity in this town.

My husband's urologist, who specialized in circumcisions, was Dr. Wood, affectionately known as Woody by the hospital staff

I have albinism, which in some forms (though not all) causes white hair and white skin from lack of pigment. One of the leading doctors in the field in America, at a university where many of the blood samples are sent to confirm exact type, is Dr White. 

• Like 2

A funeral home in Buffalo is named Amigone Funeral home. It is family owned and pronounced (I think) am-I-gone.

Yep!  They handled my dad's funeral as well as just about every funeral I remember going to.  My brothers and I laughed about the name when we were kids - the business has been around a very long time.

• Like 1

Our dentist is Dr Grinder.  He used to share a practice with Dr Ferry.  They've since split the practice.

A friend who was a nurse before kids kept her maiden name for professional purposes.  Otherwise she'd be Nurse Paine.

A girl who went to my high school was named Candice, she went by Candy.  Her last name was Kane.

We also have a Carnage Middle school around here.

• Like 1