Menu

Your family in two sentences

go_go_gadget

"No Seth! Mommy, Seth hitted me!" (as she is hitting him back)

One of my older kids talks in parentheticals. She can't make it through a sentence without digressing and changed her tone of voice when she does it. It is hilarious.

Who needs sentences? I can name that tune in one word:

"Oh."

This is most often in response to being told how to do something properly. The instructions are rarely new, btw, just the repitition of long standing procedures. For ex: when the little green lights are on on the dishwasher, it is running. If you open the door to add your dirty dishes, it will stop and not start where it left off.

I would have been annoyed if my teeneaged ds had done that, but when both dd AND DH  did it? I was not happy. :banghead:

• Like 2

"OMG, WTH died in there??!! DO THAT OUTSIDE, man, geez!"

:lol: I live with four teenage boys, three who deny their lactose-intolerance despite the rather obvious unpleasant side effects.

And a brother in his 20s who still finds humor in farting, and eggs on the boys

• Like 1

"I don't think so -- no one told me!" and "Alright, alright, ALRIGHT!"

.... both said the way Lindsey Stirling says them in

.  These have became oft-heard phrases in the family, used in a wide variety of situations. 

Of course there's always "better drowned than duffers if not duffers won't drown" but that one doesn't come up quite as much. 

• Like 1

"You weren't born in a barn, just next to one, go clean that up!" <------- we live on a dairy farm.

"Get your nose out of that book and come watch this TV show with the family."   <------- I started family retro TV time.  The older shows aren't a hit with everyone..... yet.

• Like 1