Menu

Who else is going to dress like a cow day?

MeaganS

11751819_10102105044780359_2760814973860

This was the best I could get because they were so wiggly. I'm sorry so many of you haven't heard of it. I assumed most people did because my Facebook has been exploding with pictures from all over the country from family and friends. Am I the only one being super cheesy for free food?

• Like 22

Chik-fil-a gives free food to those who come dressed as a cow.

hmm, we've just had three open in the PS area.  still haven't gone.  (my idea of fast food is teriyaki.  or ice cream.)  and the traffic by the one closest to me is still - unpleasant.

does it have to be a jersey cow (black and white spots. dairy), or can it be a black angus? (great beef)  or a brown limousin?  (meat. my cousin raised them.)

This was the best I could get because they were so wiggly. I'm sorry so many of you haven't heard of it. I assumed most people did because my Facebook has been exploding with pictures from all over the country from family and friends. Am I the only one being super cheesy for free food?

Cute picture!

They are very new to our area.  We haven't heard of it because until now there weren't any Chik-fil-A's around.  I haven't seen any advertising here about "dress like a cow" day either.  

• Like 1

Haha, yeah. I personally don't dress up, although there were many adults there who did. My girls never eat all their nuggets and fries so I just mooch off of them and whatever happens to be the calendar card item that month (my parents get me one for Christmas every year). We also do Krispy Kreme's dress like a pirate day in the fall and they each get a dozen donuts that mom and dad mooch off as well. We've been a student family our whole marriage until this year, so these events were a fun and cheap way to go somewhere that we usually would not go.

• Like 8

Raises hand.  Little dd made herself an elaborate costume.  She made me a sad looking one consisting of a trash bag with sharpie.  She did make me some ears on a headband.  The boys refuse to dress up.  We have never done this before and only are doing it this year because a friend invited us.

• Like 5

Cute picture!

They are very new to our area.  We haven't heard of it because until now there weren't any Chik-fil-A's around.  I haven't seen any advertising here about "dress like a cow" day either.  

I did a search for the one in Bellevue  #3027 - it's right there on their facebook page.  dress like me (a jersey cow) and get chicken free.

It all makes sense now! I saw a woman a with a white holey t-shirt over a black top at camp pick-up today. She was a cow!

• Like 1

hmm, we've just had three open in the PS area.  still haven't gone.  (my idea of fast food is teriyaki.  or ice cream.)  and the traffic by the one closest to me is still - unpleasant.

does it have to be a jersey cow (black and white spots. dairy), or can it be a black angus? (great beef)  or a brown limousin?  (meat. my cousin raised them.)

Jerseys are brown.  Meagan's adorable little girls look more like Holsteins (black and white dairy cows) which are kind of the unofficial Chick-fil-A mascott.  My daughter always says that is a little silly since they are always advocating eating chicken (presumably instead of them but in reality most Holsteins are used for milk and not meat).

• Like 2

Jerseys are brown.  Meagan's adorable little girls look more like Holsteins (black and white dairy cows) which are kind of the unofficial Chick-fil-A mascott.  My daughter always says that is a little silly since they are always advocating eating chicken (presumably instead of them but in reality most Holsteins are used for milk and not meat).

had them mixed up.

I agree - it is silly they are using a dairy cow for the mascot . . . .

Dd and I just wanted to have lunch so we went to Chick-fil-A and walked into the place filled with people dressed like cows and the mooing.....yeah we got our Chick-fil-A to go, it was crazy. It was interesting though some people are very creative.

I drove past ours. It is always packed but today was crazy. There are even tents outside. It is pushing 100 degrees today so, no, not hanging out in the crowd. I'm not a fun mom.

• Like 2

We went. My youngest DD is obsessed with cows at the moment and loves the food at Chick-fil-a. I had them find white shirts gave themfelt, glue, tape and yarn and let them make their own costumes. It was fun and a free lunch out on a stressful day.

• Like 2

Chick-fil-A funds hate groups. They are also guilty of religious discrimination against potential employees and franchisees.

Yuck!

Bill

So then doesn't it make even more sense to go and get free food? Money out of their coffers and all that. ;)

• Like 6

We can't eat there because their food is chock full o' chemicals.  Your kids are super cute, though!   :)

I'm sorry, I wouldn't normally comment like this, but I don't understand why you'd have to make the comment about not eating there because their food is full of chemicals.  The OP wasn't asking if she should eat at CF, nor was she asking opinions about the nutritional content.  She was just happily sharing something fun that she did with her kids.  

In that context, your comment comes across as rather rude.  If you were speaking to someone nice IRL who you hardly knew would you say the same thing or would you perhaps keep the comment about the food being full of chemicals to yourself and just smile and say, "cute kids" instead?

• Like 18

So then doesn't it make even more sense to go and get free food? Money out of their coffers and all that. ;)

No it doesn't, as having "cute kids" (as yours certainly are) show up at CFA helps "normalize" a business that ought to be boycotted for supporting hate activities. They are attempting to buy a positive image with the food giveaway.

Showing up helps them. Not good.

Bill

• Like 3

No it doesn't, as having "cute kids" (as yours certainly are) show up at CFA helps "normalize" a business that out to be boycotted for supporting hate activities. They are attempting to buy a positive image with the food giveaway.  

Bill

bbbbuttt they are like the Devil with their chicken sandwiches. 

• Like 3

No it doesn't, as having "cute kids" (as yours certainly are) show up at CFA helps "normalize" a business that out to be boycotted for supporting hate activities. They are attempting to buy a positive image with the food giveaway.  

Bill

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, I can tell you that Chik-fil-a restaurants are very popular here in Florida. Please understand that not everyone shares your views.

• Like 9

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, I can tell you that Chik-fil-a restaurants are very popular here in Florida. Please understand that not everyone shares your views.

Chick Fil A's pattern of religious discrimination against potential employees and franchisees is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of "fact." They have lost or settled numerous lawsuits on these grounds. Nor is their funding a hate groups a matter of "opinion," it is established fact.

Facts matter. 

Bill

• Like 6

Chick Fil A's pattern of religious discrimination against potential employees and franchisees is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of "fact." They have lost or settled numerous lawsuits on these grounds. Nor is their funding a hate groups a matter of "opinion," it is established fact.

Facts matter.

Bill

Good gravy, stop pooing on the OP's fun thread. Start your own if you want to discuss businesses that fund hate groups.

• Like 20

Bill

I'm sure Meagan started this thread because she wanted to share a fun thing she was doing with her kids, not to be lectured about the political reasons why she should hate, despise, and boycott Chick fil-A.

Personally, I thought this was a very fun thread until you tried to derail it and make people feel badly about taking their kids out for some chicken -- and I don't even eat at Chick fil-A. :glare:

I agree with Moxie, and think you should start your own thread so we can go back to having fun here and you can still talk about your hatred of the company.

• Like 23