Menu

Algebra 1 Saxon teacher/dvd/online - what's the best?

DD is really doing VERY well with Saxon Alg 1 Teacher DVDs to explain the lesson to her.  She loves being able to back it up and hear the instruction more than once if need be.  She also likes being able to click over and see any problem in the book worked out in front of her if she gets stuck.   She's had to do that only twice this year but it really caused a nice break through in her confusion.  She watches the video lesson then does that lesson and is averaging a 98 in math, including test scores, this year.  

• Like 1

DD just started Algebra I and we have Art Reed's DVDs.  DD prefers to self-teach or work it out with me, but when she does not an additional perspective/isn't getting a concept, the DVDs allow her to pick and choose what she wants to review with the DVD, and she can go back over it as many times as she needs.

DD is really doing VERY well with Saxon Alg 1 Teacher DVDs to explain the lesson to her.  She loves being able to back it up and hear the instruction more than once if need be.  She also likes being able to click over and see any problem in the book worked out in front of her if she gets stuck.   She's had to do that only twice this year but it really caused a nice break through in her confusion.  She watches the video lesson then does that lesson and is averaging a 98 in math, including test scores, this year.  

• Like 1

My oldest son used Saxon Algebra 1 teacher and did really well. The everything the teacher says comes directly from the book. He used Art Reed for Algebra 2 and Advanced Math, also with great success. Art Reed speaks to the lesson using his own samples and not direct questions from the book. I think he liked Art Reed better because you see an actually person giving the samples on the board, as opposed of a voice-over and a blue screen.